It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Prelude to War Accordion
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:55 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPu3XBSlJyk
http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/battle ... orchestra/

I'm pretty sure Bear has actually gone totally insane here, and the results are amazing. I wouldn't have thought it was possible.

Post subject: Re: Prelude to War Accordion
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:40 am 
Global moderator

At first I thought "Why dear god, why?", but then I lol'd. Then I watched the video. Amazing! I have to show this to some girls I know who play the accordion. I guess they'll be a little jealous of your skills. :D

So Bear... you managed to do the impossible, what can't be done. But this can't be the end, can't it? I dare you for some new challenges. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, will be "Wander my friends" on the Vuvuzela, "Battlestar Operatica" on the Triangle and "Allegro" on the Vulcan Lute. As always, should you be caught or killed, we will disavow any knowledge of your actions.This post will self-destruct in five seconds. Or maybe not.

Last edited by Lex on Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:09 am 
Global moderator

Lex wrote:
So Bear... you managed to do the impossible, what can't be done. But this can't be the end, can't it? I dare you for some new challenges. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, will be "Wander my friends" on the Vuvuzela, "Battlestar Operatica" on the Triangle and Allegro on the Vulcan Lute. As always, should you be caught or killed, we will disavow any knowledge of your actions.This post will self-destruct in five seconds. Or maybe not.

LOL. I would love to see tackle Bear those. Although you might want to open up the competition to all the members of the BSG orchestra. The Vuvuzela challenge would then go to Chris Bleth, The Vulcan Lute might be tackled by Steve Bartek, and the triangle will be up for grabs.

May I add "Storming New Caprica" on Ukulele for Brendan?

Elin

PS Loved the Accordion version of Prelude to War. Would love to see this performed 'live' aka performed by 10 accordions at the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:39 am 
Site Admin

Lex wrote:
Your mission, should you decide to accept it, will be "Wander my friends" on the Vuvuzela, "Battlestar Operatica" on the Triangle and "Allegro" on the Vulcan Lute.

"LOL" if frequently tossed around in the internet, but this literally made LOL. The funniest thing I've read in a while. Thanks. :) Definitely thinking about "Wander My Friends" on the vuvuzela.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:03 am 

I was blown away.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 am 

Wow Bear, and here I thought Weird Al Yankovic had awesome accordion skills!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:21 pm 

Well THAT certainly kicked ass. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:34 am 
Global moderator

Bear,

for your next challenge, with the accordion, consider this..in two words..

FIGHT NIGHT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:12 pm 
Global moderator

Bear,

After watching your video I guess I was trying to put myself into your shoes of what it was like for you to record this. How could someone just get that "into" an accordion song. And when I was watching this video I started to wonder if your accordion version of Prelude To War would be the same length (time duration) of the actual song. To my surprise it was !!..and this got me curious as to what it sounded like from your point of view.

Obviously you had to have the actual Prelude To War track playing on your headphones while you were jamming out on the accordion. So, with me being a bit of a sound editor myself I played back your accordion video with the actual Prelude To War track..and it was awesome sounding !! It's like a new version of Prelude To War.

I tried doing something similar with your piano version but you were playing to fast..he he..so it didn't match up. At times the original Prelude To War song was faster and then at other times your solo piano version got ahead of the original Prelude To War studio version (cd version)

Awesome work either way though !!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Harrison5 wrote:
Obviously you had to have the actual Prelude To War track playing on your headphones while you were jamming out on the accordion.

Actually, I didn't. The only thing I heard in my phones were the accordion tracks I'd already recorded. I would go back, between takes, and reference the original Prelude to War track, but just to make sure I was transcribing everything correctly. It was a lot of fun!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next