It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:27 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Godzilla, King of the Monsters
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2019 4:48 am 

Hi !
I've watched Godzilla, King of the Monsters yesterday (in Paris) and I have a somewhat mixed opinion (great and sometimes magnificent visuals, great titans, but difficulties I think to conciliate the different sides of the movie... and I'm quite bored by the usual tropes and the humour of this kind of movies)... but not at all about Bear McCreary's soundtrack. It's really great !

There is an adequate proportion of tribute to the classical themes of the old movies (with the the McCreary's twist) and new compositions. Each track fulfills perfectly its role, without feeling standard or formulaic.
The Main Title is clearly a nice example of how to reinvent a classic. The choirs are stunning, the orchestration perfect and well thought.
"Rodan" : what a good and energic action track !
The theme for Ghidorah is very powerful.
I really like the progression at the beginning of "King of the Monsters". That is the way to build up momentum !

There is much to entertain in the whole soundtrack, with many epic moments, and well-made calmer tracks. Bravo, Bear !

Post subject: Re: Godzilla, King of the Monsters
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:14 pm 

I just can't stop listening to Mothra's song and the main theme. Watched the movie last weekend and fell in love with the score.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]