It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Defiance Soundtrack
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:13 am 
Global moderator

I was praying for "Jackson", sung by Stephanie and Grant in the pilot. I really like this song :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:07 pm 
Global moderator

It's heeeeeere :) Now excuse me, I have an important date with my CD player.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:34 am 

Man, this is a good album.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:05 pm 

The Defiance Soundtrack is all sorts of amazing. I've been listening to Besash on repeat all day.

Now that season 2 is over, I can't wait for the S2 soundtrack...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:00 pm 
Global moderator

I just finished #3.02. Great! Nice slow version of Queen's "You're my best friend". Goosebumps!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:46 am 

I'm so happy Defiance is back on TV, I love that show.

The season 3 soundtrack is already looking to be very good - I really liked "You're my best friend" and outright loved "Hey Joe". The score is amazing as always, that goes without saying (although I will miss Kalagyi Anaila Kaziri :))

I have a few questions though.

On the Defiance Soundtrack (season 1) that I've been listening to up and down and sideways for the last year, there are a few songs (two, maybe three) which in the show were sung in Irathient (and possibly Castithan), but the versions released on the CD are in English only. As a huge nerd for both the music AND conlangs, will there ever be a way for me to acquire MP3s of show-accurate versions of those songs?

I'm not sure if the same question applies to Songs of Defiance Season 2, as I haven't rewatched the show since listening to the album, but maybe "Just Another Night With You"?

What about the song performed by William Atherton, "I have infinite potential [...]" - it was one of the songs I was looking forward to the most, and it isn't on the album. :) I also thought "Firebreather" was very memorable (I really loved the end montage of that episode) but I got that song separately.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:13 pm 
Site Admin

Hey lenitas,

Thanks for the kind words about the Defiance music. I love working on the show! As for your questions, I am hoping to release more of the Season 1 songs in their alien languages, perhaps on a future release. The Songs of Defiance Season 2 album features the original languages as they were sung on the show for almost everything. In fact, it includes BOTH the English and Irathient versions of some of my favorites.

There is SO much music in the show, I'm hopeful we'll be able to release more of it, even from the older seasons. And I agree with you, "You're My Best Friend" from Season 3 is amazing. More good stuff around the corner. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:46 am 

Bear, thank you for your replies!

I am really excited about the prospect of additional releases for earlier seasons. I'll keep an eye on your media.

I meant to edit my post with some additional questions (and then I forgot, duh).

I know you're super-duper busy with both work and family life, so I almost feel bad for asking, but are you planning to release any notes regarding the Defiance season 2 and 3 soundtracks, as you did for season 1 and the Defiance game?

And my other question is, are you involved in picking out songs (as opposed to custom-creating songs and the score) for an episode or movie, or does it vary? I can imagine that in a tv show like Defiance, the entire musical art direction would be in the hands of the composer, but maybe in a movie, one person would create the orchestral score and an entirely different person would decide what pop song is playing on the kitchen radio in the background of scene x... I'm just curious.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:47 am 

Bear, is there any hope of releasing the score music from seasons 2 and 3. Just the other day i watched the S2 finale where Irisa destroys New York, the piece you made for that whole scene was incredible, music is art and it should never be consigned to oblivion. Please please please release it in some form or fashion, digitally on bandcamp, soundcloud, spotify, hell bloody youtube if you must just dont let it die.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2