It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 13 of 15   [ 144 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who I Am, Where I'm From!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:49 am 

Hi guys, as usual I seem to be late to the party!

Been following Bears blog for years but for some reason never visited this forum. Hope to join in some fruitful discussions in future. I live in the UK and have followed Bears work since BSG. Its been great watching his career take off and his music just get better and better. Hopefully the best is yet to come and we'll all be here to chat about it.

And if you ever read this Bear, cheers for the music mate.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:57 pm 

Hello again, everyone! My name is Tray and I used to visit Bear's Blog way back in the day as "JediTray." I am from Houston, TX and am currently living in Conestoga, PA. Things have not worked out here and I am desperately trying to get back home to Houston, but that's another story. When I started talking with Bear and others drawn to his Blog, I was diagnosed with Diabetes and having a rough time. Everyone, including Bear, was very supportive. I need to stop by here more often!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:34 pm 

Bear and gang,

I'm a BSG fan mostly, work at NASA JPL and have sent widgets to Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and to Earth orbit that mapped out 60,000 unseen galaxies and even a Shuttle experiment that had to measure temperatures at 1.7 degrees above absolute zero to an accuracy of 1/2 billionth of a degree.

The one experiment on the 60,000 galaxies took me to England for a year where I learned how to be an audiophile, a hobby that has haunted me for the last 30 years.

Then along comes Bear McCreary and his music, namely BSG Season 3's "Storming New Caprica" and "Precipice" Man, I gotta tweak the stereo to make it sound better just for these tracks alone.

I did meet Bear in person at the 2013 ComicCon at the back of the Defiance panel (Julie Benz was so cute getting her picture taken with the hell-bug) and Bear did tell me that his music may get released on high resolution tracks, hopefully soon. 192 kHz/24 bit would be great, but 92 kHz or 88 kHz will be fine, too. I can hardly wait.

Let us know how we can order these and to do whatever we can to help get these high resolution files out the door as soon as possible!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Welcome to the new folks! BSG Audiophile, I'm digging your audiophile-centric perspective. ;) I'm buying new speakers for my studio soon. I'll let you know what I get when they get here...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:42 pm 

Hi Bear, I'm a huge fan of yours, especially your BSG stuff.

I'm a moderator of the reddit BSG subreddit and am leading a re-watch starting on Jan 5.

I was wondering whether it would be possible for you to join us and talk a little bit about the work you did with each episode, the challenges you faced and your inspirations. You would not be required to actually re-watch any episodes or anything, but it would be great to hear from you.

Feel free to send me an email. My gmail address is the same as my username.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:43 pm 

Hello Bear & fans!

I am Kevin and live in the sometimes sunny Essex, UK. At the time of writing this I am 34 and a lifetime fan of score work & composing. My real obsession started with Danny Elfman and just kept growing from there until one day I stumbled across a Bear......there's been no looking back since ;)

I also have a massive thing for Brian Tyler. Outside of the soundtrack world I am a big fan of NIN, David Bowie & Garbage (and far too many others to mention)

My life is not too exciting as have been fighting M.E for the past 6 years but am starting to use my time to teach myself as much as I can and keep the brain as active as I can. Naturally music is what I am trying to fill my brain with. Learning different software packages for mixing and writing whilst learning on the side music theory.

So thats me in a little nutshell, glad to have found the forum and I look forward to joining in with you all!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:58 pm 

I'm Elaine, and I'm originally from Aldershot, in Hampshire, UK - now I live in Camberley, Surrey (still in the UK!) with my husband Graham and our son Sam, who is in his third year at University studying Archaeology (wow, I spelt that right).

I love music, though I don't play it - I learned how to strum 'She'll Be Comin' Round the Mountain' on a guitar towards the end of my school years, and I can play 'three blind mice' and 'chopsticks' on the keyboard - oh, and 'London's Burning' on the recorder... always thought I'd love to learn the piano but haven't got around to it yet) and often write to it - I'm an accounts clerk by day, but the rest of the time I'm a writer of science-fiction stories, which was how I came to discover Bear's music via 'Battlestar Galactica'.

I'm really looking forward to hearing Bear's score for 'Intruders', and to exploring the website here. :)

Edit: just realised that I didn't say what kind of music I like (apart from Bear's, obviously!) - it's quite a long list:

Jean Michael Jarre
Tangerine Dream (have a vinyl box set in the loft!)
Mike Oldfield
Midnight Juggernaughts
Muse
Queen
Arjen Lucassen
Aeon Zen
Alan Parsons
Ayreon
Barclay James Harvest
Pink Floyd
Interpol
MS Thomason (his (his 'Last Train to Budapest' is beautiful & haunting)
OMD
We Are The Fallen
Daniel Pemberton ... well I'd better not list them all!!

Last edited by ElaineJ on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:03 pm 

BSG Audiophile wrote:
Bear and gang,

I'm a BSG fan mostly, work at NASA JPL and have sent widgets to Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and to Earth orbit that mapped out 60,000 unseen galaxies and even a Shuttle experiment that had to measure temperatures at 1.7 degrees above absolute zero to an accuracy of 1/2 billionth of a degree.

The one experiment on the 60,000 galaxies took me to England for a year where I learned how to be an audiophile, a hobby that has haunted me for the last 30 years.

Then along comes Bear McCreary and his music, namely BSG Season 3's "Storming New Caprica" and "Precipice" Man, I gotta tweak the stereo to make it sound better just for these tracks alone.

I did meet Bear in person at the 2013 ComicCon at the back of the Defiance panel (Julie Benz was so cute getting her picture taken with the hell-bug) and Bear did tell me that his music may get released on high resolution tracks, hopefully soon. 192 kHz/24 bit would be great, but 92 kHz or 88 kHz will be fine, too. I can hardly wait.

Let us know how we can order these and to do whatever we can to help get these high resolution files out the door as soon as possible!

Thanks!

Hi BSG Audiophile - just wanted to say what a cool job you have! Possibly not at all related, but maybe kind of, since it's outer space.... I just discovered the Seti@home program, so now my laptop helps search for signals from E.T. when it's idling (and sometimes when it isn't). Just thought I would share that with you! :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:54 am 

Hello, my name is cedric and I live in France and especially in the Auvergne region. I discovered your work with BSG and I followed your are browsing for. I never tire of listening to and listen all your works. You have a great talent and you are an inspiration to me. I hope you will continue your work with toujour much passion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:02 pm 

HI! Im jiinczmodz (not my real name) and im from Washington state like Mr. McCreary.

I am interested in becoming a Film Score Composer, and like to recreate my favorite scores as well as write my own. The composers i would love to meet are
Bear McCreary
Michael Giacchino
John Williams
What the hell ALL OF THEM!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 13 of 15   [ 144 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next