It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: When did you first hear one of Bear's scores?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:14 am 

It is no exaggeration to say that the music for BSG will still be listened to 20 years from now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:57 am 
Global moderator

Agreed !! :)

- End of Line -

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:17 am 
Global moderator

AdamCarlo wrote:
It is no exaggeration to say that the music for BSG will still be listened to 20 years from now.

Unless the Mayan's got it right and the world will end in December 2012, or some other event happens that swipes civilisation of the face of the planet.
Otherwise I'm sure some die-hard fans will continue to put that music on and enjoy it from time to time.
I hope I will be one of them.
But music evolves, and musical tastes change over time, so you never know where the future will take us.

All I can say is that I have already enjoyed and am still enjoying music by Bear's hand. And I will contine to do so for the foreseable future. After that, it's up for grabs what I will enjoy and not enjoy :-).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:06 am 

Hello,

I first heard his score in BSG Season 2 and liked it from the start, especially the new colonial anthem and Pegasus.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:38 am 

The first time I actually heard Bear's music was in Battlestar Galactica. Since I had just been to an Asian cultural festival where a taiko group was playing, it was awesome to hear them in the score along with the Celtic Adama theme (I'm a huge sucker for Celtic music), and then really, really awesome once taiko comes in full force in Seasons 2 and 3. I didn't get to listen to the actual score independently of the score until I was on Amazon, bored, and then I bought the Season 3 soundtrack. Easily the best decision I ever made. Season 2 has probably some of the most relaxing study music one could hope for, and Season 3 has this very cool bass to it in a lot of the tracks (be it from the taiko, or the bass guitar that shows up in some songs) that are like candy to my ears. It's very hard for me to ever get tired of them.

I actually didn't know Bear did the Walking Dead until Season 2, when I found his Youtube channel and learned that he used a kazoo for one of the tracks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:15 am 

I first heard his music on BSG, and then on The Walking Dead. Reading the previous comments, I think it's cool that Japanese percussion was used a lot for it, as well as the Eastern sounding vocals. I immediately loved the Walking Dead intro, I still get chills when I hear it! It's one of my favorite show openers. I reminded me a bit of the beginning of the music for Signs. I just love string-focused stuff, maybe because I play the cello. :) OH, also, there's interesting metallic hits...like a hammer dulcimer at the end of the Walking Dead intro that gives it a cool texture, I like the metallic sounds in it. -Larry

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:58 pm 

As a huge fan of Agents of Shield, I didn't realize I was hearing his score. Then when Black Sails premiered, I fell in love with the sound of the hurdy gurdy and the entire score. That's when I found out he has also written for Walking Dead and BSG, my son's favorite show. Now that Bear was Ron Moore's choice to score the upcoming Starz series, Outlander, I'm excited and can't wait to hear how he'll create a unique sound for this Scottish 18th century series.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:32 pm 

Apocalypse, Lords of Kobol, Main title, Colonial Anthem, Pegasus, Kobols last gleaming, ... The Epic List Goes On lol! ./need HQ DVD

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:48 pm 

I first heard Bear's music on 'Battlestar Galactica' and loved it (bought the soundtrack and listen to it often). I was very excited to learn that Bear is scoring BBC America's new show, 'Intruders' - having just watched the 'piano sampling' video, I'm looking forward to it even more. Because I live in the UK I'll be thinking VERY enviously of you folks who will get to see it starting tomorrow - I think we have to wait until October ... :-(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:09 pm 

Um, the first time i actually did not know it was him, but I fell in love with the Eureka score in 2006 when I was about 9, i would try to play the scores as well as I could. It wasnt until I was 15 or 16 did I know who created the score but after that I listened to the scores even if I didnt watch the show. Soon I was watching the shows while analyzing the music and decided to look into Film Score Composition as a major in college. My favorite score of Mr. McCreary's is his Walking Dead and Sarah Connor Chronicles. I love playing the themes and have most of the soundtracks. I Love Mercy of The Living!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next