It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWD Soundtrack Album Selections
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:05 pm 
Global moderator

My thoughts about Glen Mazzara not really having much influence in this situation have all but been confirmed by the fact he is leaving the show - I'm a bit worried about 2 showrunners leaving in as much time (including the creator of the show). I also fear for the budget of the show (and consequently the music & Bear as a composer on the show) since AMC has enjoyed slashing the budget despite its success.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:45 am 

Can we get you to do some concerts again and maybe play this stuff live?

It's better than nothing.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:18 pm 
Global moderator

Ditto. I'd love to see an full orchestral suite which includes music from the S2 finale.

Heck I'd kill to see a full Bear McCreary orchestra program from various works of his including BSG, The Cape, Human Target, and TWD among others.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:30 am 

...sigh... :|

http://theknightshift.blogspot.com/2013 ... d-amc.html

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:39 pm 
Global moderator

Fr33man wrote:

I second that...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:18 am 
Global moderator

Anyone notice that the majority of episodes this season have ended with a pre-canned pop/rock song and not a score from Bear? Hardly think this was Bear's choice, or even the producers' - methinks that the studio struck a deal with this record company to feature the songs in the show.

Similar meddling was recently revealed on the Star Trek: Enterprise blu-ray - apparently there was an ungodly amount of meddling from UPN which is half the reason the show did not reach its' full potential. UPN suits wanted them to feature a "current popular band" every week in the mess hall on the show and then push their album at the end of the show. Blech.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:57 pm 

musicpaladin2007 wrote:
Anyone notice that the majority of episodes this season have ended with a pre-canned pop/rock song and not a score from Bear? Hardly think this was Bear's choice, or even the producers' - methinks that the studio struck a deal with this record company to feature the songs in the show.
Agreed. Once or twice is okay, but I'm not tuning in to watch MTV. The score is part of the language of the show. It should be used when something important is being communicated. This indeed smacks of administrative BS.

Maybe this is why they keep changing showrunners.

Quote:
Similar meddling was recently revealed on the Star Trek: Enterprise blu-ray - apparently there was an ungodly amount of meddling from UPN which is half the reason the show did not reach its' full potential. UPN suits wanted them to feature a "current popular band" every week in the mess hall on the show and then push their album at the end of the show. Blech.
That may be, but I'm not sure how much potential ENT ever had to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:59 pm 
Global moderator

JBizzle wrote:
musicpaladin2007 wrote:
Agreed. Once or twice is okay, but I'm not tuning in to watch MTV. The score is part of the language of the show. It should be used when something important is being communicated. This indeed smacks of administrative BS.

Maybe this is why they keep changing showrunners.

Quote:
That may be, but I'm not sure how much potential ENT ever had to begin with.

It sounds like the new retrospective documentary interview with Berman and Braga on the new Blu-Rays is worth a look. Apparently the show was supposed to take a completely different form which may have allowed it to work a lot better, but network suits insisted on meddling to change the formula of the show. They are shockingly candid about what worked and what didn't in this documentary by all accounts and who takes the blame for it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:04 pm 

any word on new video blogs from season 3? I miss them.. :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:27 pm 
Global moderator

Dromag67 wrote:
any word on new video blogs from season 3? I miss them.. :(

I thought I saw a tweet that said he'll do one for the finale.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next