It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWD Soundtrack Album Selections
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:01 pm 
Global moderator

Also, just found this online ..and there are phone numbers posted..I say it's time to make some calls. I want to talk to a REAL person..not just write a letter or email.

http://www.amctv.com/contact

AMC Viewer Services
11 Penn Plaza, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10001
646-273-7105

:D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:23 pm 
Global moderator

Marc,

I have just started an e-mail campaign, through the FB page.
For all of you who don't have FB accounts: here is the text I posted there:

Quote:
Hi all,
The mid-season finale is upon us, and still we haven't gotten a Bear McCreary soundtrack released. What is worse, AMC is releasing the SONGS used in the series, just not the great scores written by Mr McCreary.

Therefore it is time for some action. We suggest a quick e-mailing campaign (starting December 2, on the day of the mid-season finale). Just mail a short text to the following e-ma
il address amccustomerservice@amcnetworks.com asking them to release the score to the Walking Dead. You can write your own e-mail or use the version below as inspiration.

Dear AMC,

I am a big fan of your show 'The Walking Dead' and a big part of the reason why I like the show is because of Bear McCreary's score. However, up to this point, no soundtrack with his score is available for this show. Other television soundtracks by McCreary have been released on multiple occasions in the past, for series such as "Battlestar Galactica" (5 albums in all!), "Caprica," "Eureka", "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles", "Human Target" and "The Cape." His records have been nominated and won some major awards (including from the International Film Music Critics Association and the Goldspirit Award and an Emmy nomination) and charted on Amazon.com's Top 5 Music Sales and Billboard's TOP 150. I believe "The Walking Dead" could be the most successful yet, if only it were released.

Therefore, dear AMC, I ask you to release this album (digitally and/or otherwise) so I can go out and buy it.

Friendly greetings,

[Your name]

So please, all of you... Mail, mail, mail...

And Marc, be my guest and phone, phone, phone... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:13 am 
Global moderator

OK,
Little update...
Maybe mailing just the customer service is not that good an idea.
Therefore are e-mailing campaign has changed a little.
This is the newer version:
Quote:
Instead of (only) contacting customer services, we might also want to target some more influential people. If not the big bosses then at least someone who can talk to the big bosses.
These are the steps to be undertaken:
* Send an email asking to release a score, but mail it to The walking Dead's music supervisor Thomas Golubic (thomas@supermusicvision.com) as well as to the customer service (amccustomerservice@amcnetworks.com)
* For those of us active on twitter: Tweet the offical feed @WalkingDead_AMC and Glen Mazzara the showrunner @glenmazzara.

So people, please: mail, mail, mail and tweet, tweet, tweet...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:30 am 

Well, I'm still tweeting Glen Mazzara, bless his heart for putting up with me every day. He will just have to endure until January 3rd since that will be 60 days and I keep my commitments. I must say my friends have been amused to see what I post every day. :-)

I also wrote to Thomas Golubic, and I wrote to the owners of AMC Network.

Let's pound the drums louder, soon we will be like those ear worms that tickle the inside of their ears and they will have to release the soundtrack to get rid of us!!

Onward ho!!!! and with love,
Sue

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:35 am 

PS: Just called AMC Viewer Service and left a voice mail (thanks Marc!). Hmm, maybe I shoud do that for the next 60 days...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm 
Global moderator

SueN wrote:
Well, I'm still tweeting Glen Mazzara, bless his heart for putting up with me every day. He will just have to endure until January 3rd since that will be 60 days and I keep my commitments. I must say my friends have been amused to see what I post every day. :-)

I also wrote to Thomas Golubic, and I wrote to the owners of AMC Network.

Let's pound the drums louder, soon we will be like those ear worms that tickle the inside of their ears and they will have to release the soundtrack to get rid of us!!

Onward ho!!!! and with love,
Sue

You rock, Sue!!!

Which e-mail did you use to write to the owners of AMC network (or did you use my customers link)? If it's another one, I don't mnid asking everybody on the FB page to mail them as well...

Elin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:54 pm 

I might have to join in on this haha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:27 pm 
Global moderator

Frakkin awesome..I might have to call a few times per day..he he..and emails too..:D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:11 am 

Blast from the past!

I've only recently started watching TWD. Bit disappointing that at the end of 2012 AMC still hasn't seen fit to release your excellent score. I hate it when OSTs don't get released, especially good ones.

Bear -- any chance we might be able to buy the score from you directly? I would expect not for legal reasons, but a man can try.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:06 am 

Well folks, I have written AMC Networks, called AMC, sent e-mail to Thomas Golubic, tried to drum up enthusiasm on Facebook, plus I have kept my word to send Glen Mazzara a twitter for the past 60 days in a row and have included AMC Networks on most of the tweets. Tomorrow in fact, will be the last day I tweet at him. He is a very nice man, and has responded to some of my begging for a Walking Dead soundtrack, but alas I don't think it has done much good.
So what do we do next? I don't like the fact that Bear writes the music but cannot distribute it; that seems so unfair.
I am totally open to ideas and I won't stop trying.

So say we all,
Sue

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 9 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next