It is currently Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:56 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 15   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who I Am, Where I'm From!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 am 

Hi everyone and hello Bear!

I'm Baxylz. I've been a huge fan of yours for almost 2 years now Bear. I've watched Battlestar Galactica for the first time about a year and a half ago and it immediately became my favorite show, ever.

I've always been an instrumental music audiophile. I listen to a lot of Harry Gregson Williams, Steve Jablonsky, Zack Hemsey, Hans Zimmer, Alan Silvestri, Thomas Newman and so on... and when I started listening to the music in BSG I knew that it was just amazing! From the Adama theme to the Shape of Things to Come, everything about the BSG music was incredible. The atmosphere you created in BSG with your music was just phenomenal. The music literally made the show for me.

After watching BSG (and re-watching it over 4 times) I decided to look into what other shows you were composing for. So I googled "Bear McCreary shows" or something and found The Walking Dead. Not being a huge Zombie fan myself I was a little reluctant to dig into it but I decided to give it a try because I loved your music so much. Well, best decision I've ever made.

I watched the entire first 2 season in a few days and am now watching season 3 on TV. I love The Walking Dead and I love your music in it. Although not as directly impacting compared to Battlestar (Feels like there's much less music overall, makes sense for the show genre though) your music in TWD sets the atmosphere to the show in a similar way. You do a phenomenal job on it, especially on the cue from last night's episode "The Pulse".

I have my own YouTube account where I share my favorite instrumental music with the world here: http://www.youtube.com/baxylz and out of my top 50 songs so far I've listed 6 of your songs from BSG alone.

It's great to finally have found your forum and thank you so much for all the great music you've composed for all of us. You are my favourite composer, hands down.

Last edited by Baxylz on Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:47 am 

Hey, guys!

I'm Ian from Cincinnati, Ohio, and I'm a pretty big fan of Bear's music. I personally own the BSG soundtracks, SOCOM 4 and Season 1 of the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I've been also spending my time outside of schoolwork practicing music from the BSG piano book (I'll upload something sometime, if I can get it polished enough).

I actually didn't know Bear had a forum, though, and once I did I *had* to join up. Anyways, it seems like here I can talk to fellow fans (which is hard to do elsewhere, sadly) and also maybe learn a bit how music composition works, the way Bear does it on the Youtube channel. But either way, it's great to find like-minded people. :D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:01 pm 
Global moderator

Hi Ian,

Welcome on board. Feel free to geek out as much as you want about Bear's usic and about music composition. There are qiute some likeminded people on here...

Elin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:47 pm 
Global moderator

Hello and Welcome !! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:19 am 

Welcome aboard Ian!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:08 am 

Hello everyone! Hello Bear! I'm James Worden, but most people just call me JD in real life (my online alias is Revan, from Knights of the Old Republic but my online friends shorten it to 'Rev'), so you guys can call me whatever you'd like. Even Jim!

Anyways, I was born in Fort Worth, Texas and raised in Weatherford (where I currently reside). I didn't start appreciating the art of film and music until the early 2000's. In late 2004-early 2005 I got into machinima with the group "Jedi Outcast Movies" and since then have been making derivative works (trailers for game modifications I'm working on. Also tons of fan-made stuff, you know? Mainly Star Wars Battlefront 2 and Jedi Academy. Massive project as of right now - hell I'm even doing coding work...).

I was about to get involved in an original post-apocalyptic work using the source engine called, "CityLand". It didn't get far considering the fact my partner in crime passed away June of last year, but it was going to have an awesome premise and everything.His ideas died with him and I don't have enough material to go off of. I just don't have the manpower and scriptwriters to pull it off.

My main passion is filming footage in my games I play and editing them together to make short little epic films. Now I can certainly say that my work will likely never match that of the big leagues that Bear's involved in, but I'd like to say my work will lead me somewhere in life. Surely I won't be pushing stupid shopping carts at Walmart the rest of my life, right?

I admire the arts and truly appreciate Bear's works and his team. I may not be a musician like I'd like to be (I guess I have the wrong skillsets. This real life RPG thing kind of sucks. I want a respec!), but that doesn't stop me from appreciating and admiring the hard work that's put into all this!

Along with directing/producing little short films in some of my games I....obviously love gaming. Have been gaming since the 90's. I'll always remember my Sega Genesis, my NES, my N64, my original Playstation....and eventually my first delving into PC gaming (mainly a PC gamer now-a-days) with Battlefield 1942 and Star Wars Galaxies (my first MMO experience).

My first problems with filming in games such as these: Copyright, unoriginal tracks and unoriginal ideas.
This is why I have a buddy of mine, Are Jay Smith, making original music works. Best of all, he's majorly inspired by you, Bear. :) So that problem will be solved so long as he pumps out music I can use.

The other problems are the visuals - well not much I can do if I'm wanting to make Star Wars videos and such like that, though if City Land picks up off the ground - that will be completely original. My main fear is producing a work that's not completely original, but given current times it's kind of hard because whatever I do think of, the idea's been taken. Heh. Hopefully I will have luck in the future. That's my main goal as of right now.

Anyways, that's pretty much me: Gamer, Director, Producer, Editor.

Finally happy being here. :)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:40 pm 
Site Admin

Hi guys! Welcome to all the new folks! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:24 pm 

Grant Taylor, Grammy nominated Singer/Songwriter/Producer/Composer. I love Bear, in my opinion the best in the business!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:40 am 

I hope my novel of a post didn't bore anyone to death. I can just hear it now, "Yawn, yawn. Hey guys, we got ourselves a dreamer!" :lol: But thanks Bear, it's great being here! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:50 pm 

Hello everyone !

My name is Raouf Djeffel ( Rectobiasi ), I'm a composer from Algeria, emmm what else ?
Yeah I'm delighted to be here and I hope to learn a lot from all of you fellow composers and lovers of arts :D
Greetings !

https://www.facebook.com/Rectobiasi

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 12 of 15   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next