It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWD Soundtrack Album Selections
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:56 am 

Quote:
To be honest the best soundtracks are the ones that include EVERYTHING. Huge fans, like myself, want to hear every scrap of music, every song - every part of the filmmaker and composers vision. I love Mccreary's score for the series and would like to be able to have everything he composed for the series.

I agree. I've always wondered if EVERY little piece of score written for a TV show, is kept somewhere for many many years just waiting to be opened and listened to.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:37 am 

I think anything you did a youtube video about would be cool, especially the stuff for "Beside the Dying Fire" and "Better Angels" ... the song with the Kazoo would be cool too, but really anything you do is amazing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:44 pm 

EDIT: I did triumphantly post here that a soundtrack was being released, but it turns out that it won't include any of Bear's original score, which is just a travesty. I don't get how the most popular drama on cable TV doesn't get a soundtrack but a much smaller show like BSG does, but then I know nothing about the convoluted business around all of this.

I was so happy. Now I'm sad. Way to ruin my evening AMC :evil:

Last edited by Duckey on Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:07 pm 
Global moderator

Tonight on the season 3 premier, or should I say at the end..there was an advertisement for " buy music from The Walking Dead " at www.shopthewalkingdead.com

Then it goes to this link : http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-walking-dead/shop

Hey Bear, does this really let us get your awesome music for TWD ?

- End of Line -

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:19 pm 
Site Admin

UPDATE:

Hey gang, I just would like to clarify here... yes, it looks like AMC is doing a digital soundtrack for "The Walking Dead" and will be debuting tracks on iTunes.

To the best of my knowledge, none of these tracks will include any of my original score.

You are now updated.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:41 am 
Global moderator

Ahhh, ok..Thanks.. :roll: ..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:34 am 

:geek: new to the forums, so hey guys :) but im quite disappointed about the soundtrack being on itunes, i myself admittedly am a little bit backward, and much prefer to have a disk or some sort of physical copy of the music, it just seems more fullfilling to put a disc in, rather than search through some folders on my lappy, im buzzing to hear the music behind this first episode tonight, my friends have already seen it and told me its good, so i hope that im not dissapointed, the episodes itself are usually ok, with season 2 (for me) being a flop (the general plot, not your music bear.) i was quite glad to hear on your youtube video bear on how explosive and rugged this season seems, so i am hoping that i wont be dissapointed by the plot, your music will as ever be flawless, but im more concerned as to how they start this season, way way too much time was spent on character extension rather than continuing their story, either way ill be watching it tonight, see you on the other side :geek:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:45 am 
Global moderator

Hi and welcome!

I'm right there with you. I need a "real" CD that I can put in the shelf, look at it and read the booklet. The funny thing is, I really USE the CD only one time. I put it in my laptop, rip it, done. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:50 am 

Lex wrote:
Hi and welcome!

I'm right there with you. I need a "real" CD that I can put in the shelf, look at it and read the booklet. The funny thing is, I really USE the CD only one time. I put it in my laptop, rip it, done. :)

same, i really dont do much else with it, i just like to add stuff to my collection, some call me sad, but its nicer to have a collection and show it off like a badge of honour, rather than complain about how half your songs on itunes got removed. for christmas i have the bear mccreary bsg piano solo songbook on my list, funny thing is, i play guitar.....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:35 pm 

This is a travesty that they would finally secure a soundtrack for TWD but they won't let you release your own music.

Still holding out for this Bear.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next