It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eureka
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:32 pm 

Just caught this year's Christmas episode, "Do You See What I See" and now I have a few questions for Bear McCreary:

1. The Flight of the Valkyries: Was that your own recording of the piece, or did you use someone else's version of the song?

2. During the show's "Christmas" theme song, was that the same theme song variation from last year's Christmas episode? The reason I ask is that I thought it sounded like Jordan Hinson's voice (but double checking your blog, last year it was definitely Raya singing).

3. Any chance we will see a digital download of this music for purchase (the music of the various animation styles, the Christmas episode theme), if not a physical album?

Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:02 am 
Global moderator

I haven't seen the episode yet, but so far as an album... I'm certainly voting for an updated Eureka season 3+4+possibly 5 if you wait until that one concludes+christmas specials soundtrack.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:50 pm 
Global moderator

I'm all for a second eureka album, too. This show deserves waaaay more love. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:42 pm 
Site Admin

JamiLeeD wrote:
Just caught this year's Christmas episode, "Do You See What I See" and now I have a few questions for Bear McCreary:

1. The Flight of the Valkyries: Was that your own recording of the piece, or did you use someone else's version of the song?

2. During the show's "Christmas" theme song, was that the same theme song variation from last year's Christmas episode? The reason I ask is that I thought it sounded like Jordan Hinson's voice (but double checking your blog, last year it was definitely Raya singing).

3. Any chance we will see a digital download of this music for purchase (the music of the various animation styles, the Christmas episode theme), if not a physical album?

Keep up the great work!

1. It was an old recording. We thought that would be funnier, a little more of a reference to Apocalypse Now where they just licensed some old recording of it.

2. It was a variation of last year's theme. We added new orchestra and re-mixed it, but the vocals were definitely the same.

3. Yes, I'm hoping next year to put out a combined christmas album of the two Eureka specials. Would be a lot of fun!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:29 am 
Global moderator

This was one of the coolest "Eureka"-episodes EVER. God, I'm gonna miss the show :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:23 am 
Site Admin

JamiLeeD wrote:

Keep up the great work!

Glad you enjoyed it!

1). No, we thought it was funnier to use an old recording of it. For me, it was a nod to The Blues Brothers where they did the same thing. But, also, it meant I could use more of my time with orchestra to record my own music, and not lose time re-recording an old classical piece. So, perhaps there was a selfish motivation there as well. :)

2. It was still Raya :)

3. Yes. I'm hoping to do a Eureka Christmas Album at the end of the year, one that has the scores from both Christmas specials.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:38 pm 
Global moderator

If imdb is correct, Eureka will return April, 16th with season 5. That's exactly 5 weeks from now. *does the happy dance*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

Lex wrote:
If imdb is correct, Eureka will return April, 16th with season 5. That's exactly 5 weeks from now. *does the happy dance*

This season is going to blow people away!!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 pm 

So I just watched the total mind-frak of a season premiere, and then came to read a blog entry about it, but there wasn't one... I would still like to read blog entries for Eureka's final season, if that is possible, Bear. Also still pulling for another Eureka album (not to mention the Caprica album that you've been promising for ages...) - any news on when we can expect news?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:31 am 
Global moderator

Little spoiler for last night's episode:

Loved the episode! But... The story jumps a couple of years into the future, and the robots take control? I have a liiiittle deja vu right now :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next