It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:04 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica : Blood & Chrome
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:02 pm 

Sentynel wrote:
CKIL wrote:
I noticed a great deal of CGI as opposed to real sets as far as I can tell.

It's almost entirely greenscreened, I believe, because the BSG sets were destroyed and they don't have the budget to remake them.

It might be weird since we are so used the Galactica CIC being non-cgi, and I'm assuming it will be set on that battlestar since Adama had his first assignment on it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:35 pm 

Not trying to nitpick but remember how in "Razor" William Adama didn't even get to fight until the very last day of the first cylon war? After that final day, a 40 year truce was in effect until the events of the miniseries. Obviously "Blood & Chrome" will be breaking that established storyline!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:57 am 
Global moderator

Bad news, guys...

‘Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome’ Not Moving Forward As TV Series On Syfy, May Become Digital Series

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:03 am 

Lex wrote:

It doesn't surprise me at all. It just further solidifies my notion that SyFy Channel is utter crap.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:01 am 
Global moderator

I'm sure I'm not the only one here that would respond with " What The Frak ?! "... and / or " Frak you Sci-Fi channel "

:D

- End Of Line -

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:04 pm 
Global moderator

Well... hear me out here.

As dumb and clueless as SyFy's decision making has been at times, this decision actually does make good business sense, and honestly may bode better for the creative future of the show.

When it costs more to produce a show than you get back in revenue, it makes it pointless to produce, since TV is a business and they expect to make money on it. Obviously the ambitious FX involved in making the show (far moreso than I suppose they anticipated initially) are cost prohibitive. So... I don't fault them for this decision - it is likely that if it is expensive to produce, if it only sees marginally good ratings and is not an immediate smash, it will get cancelled after the first season (and we will end up with another Caprica type situation). In an online only paradigm, it allows them more options and creativity in distribution, funding, and don't tie them to the ever annoying numerical ratings (which in my opinion only tell half the story anyway, especially in this day and age).

If this fails, Ron Moore era BSG will be dead. Forever.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:58 pm 

musicpaladin2007 wrote:
Well... hear me out here.

As dumb and clueless as SyFy's decision making has been at times, this decision actually does make good business sense, and honestly may bode better for the creative future of the show.

When it costs more to produce a show than you get back in revenue, it makes it pointless to produce, since TV is a business and they expect to make money on it. Obviously the ambitious FX involved in making the show (far moreso than I suppose they anticipated initially) are cost prohibitive. So... I don't fault them for this decision - it is likely that if it is expensive to produce, if it only sees marginally good ratings and is not an immediate smash, it will get cancelled after the first season (and we will end up with another Caprica type situation). In an online only paradigm, it allows them more options and creativity in distribution, funding, and don't tie them to the ever annoying numerical ratings (which in my opinion only tell half the story anyway, especially in this day and age).

If this fails, Ron Moore era BSG will be dead. Forever.

Oh I understand the business perspective and it does make sense. We can't reasonably expect any business to put out a product that they would lose money on and that includes tv networks.

What DOES upset me are the viewing habits of the general public. It just irks me to no end that more people watch reality shows and those idiotic SyFy original B movies than genuinely high quality stuff like Caprica and Stargate Universe.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:07 pm 
Site Admin

AdamCarlo wrote:
Not trying to nitpick but remember how in "Razor" William Adama didn't even get to fight until the very last day of the first cylon war? After that final day, a 40 year truce was in effect until the events of the miniseries. Obviously "Blood & Chrome" will be breaking that established storyline!

There are those of us who FOUGHT VIGOROUSLY against that line being included in Razor for this very reason. I hated that they said that because it was totally unnecessary to the story and even then we realized it meant that the bad-ass battle-hardened warrior Adama was only in the first Cylon war for a day. Fucking stupid, if you ask me.

So, yeah, that line in Razor isn't canon as far as I'm concerned. In fact, Razor isn't canon. Neither are The Plan, Caprica or Blood and Chrome for that matter. They're just awesome stories that are loosely connected to the BSG universe. (IMHO)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2