It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Movies in 2012
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:54 pm 
Global moderator

For me, 2011 was a complete cinema-free year. I just watched one movie on the big screen, "The Adjustment Bureau", and that only because I had free tickets. This year, there are several movies I HAVE to see in cinema.

First of all, I can't wait to see "The Hunger Games". I love the book, and the trailers are amazing. This will be my movie of the year. "The Dark Knight Rises", "Skyfall" and "The Hobbit" will lure me into cinema as well.

There are some movies I don't need to see in cinema, but will buy the BluRay: "John Carter", "American Pie", "Men in Black 3", "Total Recall", "Ice Age 4" and "Spider-Man". A lot of remakes and sequels this year...

What about you? What films are you looking forward to?

Post subject: Re: Movies in 2012
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:11 am 

The only movie I watched in the cinema last year was Harry Potter. I watched it while I was in Seoul/South Korea, so I will never forget this experience. ;)

This year, I will definetly watch "The Hobbit" and maybe "Ice Age 4". Other than these two movies, I don't know yet. I'm not so much into movies, I rather like to watch TV shows.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:21 am 

I don't go to the movies much at all; I tend to watch things on DVD and I'm more of a TV person these days as well. I don't think I've been to a theater in well over a year.

But TDKR and The Hobbit are must-sees.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:53 pm 

My movie theatre attendance has dropped significantly over the past 15 years but these are my "must see" films for 2012:

1. Prometheus

2. The Hobbit

3. Men In Black 3

4. The Avengers

5. The Dark Knight Rises

These are "maybes"

1. Total Recall

2. John Carter

3. The Amazing Spider Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:58 pm 

I'll definitely be seeing The Hobbit and The Hunger Games. The Hobbit will be in the cinema when it's released, come hell or high water, but I might have to wait for Hunger Games as release is about two days before I leave for Japan for a couple of weeks... Might end up seeing other stuff, but who knows. The best film of last year (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy) I went to see on a whim after the internet suddenly exploded talking about how good it was.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 am 

I'm 39 so maybe my age is preventing me from seeing the "bigger picture" but when I saw the trailer for "Hunger Games" it gave me the impression that this is going to be marketed to the "Twilight" teenage crowd.

Am I wrong? :D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:48 am 

AdamCarlo wrote:
I'm 39 so maybe my age is preventing me from seeing the "bigger picture" but when I saw the trailer for "Hunger Games" it gave me the impression that this is going to be marketed to the "Twilight" teenage crowd.

Am I wrong? :D

Well, the books are 'young adult', and the film will be marketed as such. Being written for that audience definitely doesn't mean it's bad, although one could argue that there's a greater chance of being successful despite being awful... The books are really good, though, and I've seen no evidence so far that the film's been encrappenated.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:13 pm 
Global moderator

After watching an extended trailer for "Men in Black 3" on German television, I may have to move this movie up into my "must see in cinema" list. [Abed] Cool. Coolcoolcool. [/Abed]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:17 pm 
Global moderator

I don't watch too many movies in the cinema, and now I don't have time to do anything accept write my PhD, so not too many movies on my schedule for 2012. But 'The Hobbit' is on there.

And besides that, maybe one of the above mentioned movies if somebody 'forces' me to go see them, or if they get such raving reviews I 'need' to see them on the big screen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:37 am 

Lex wrote:
After watching an extended trailer for "Men in Black 3" on German television, I may have to move this movie up into my "must see in cinema" list. [Abed] Cool. Coolcoolcool. [/Abed]

Josh Brolin is in it and he's an excellent actor and MIB 3 seems like it will be a lot better than MIB 2 so those are definitely two pluses.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next