It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 60 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: BSG Orchestra DVD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Coluch! Much appreciated. Will let you know.

Honestly, guys, I'm starting to consider doing a kick starter thing to raise the funds to finish the video. Do you guys think something like that would work? That way, I could sell it directly to the fans who want it, and could bypass dealing with distribution to a larger audience that (let's face it) isn't as interested. I'm curious to know what you guys think...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:13 pm 
Global moderator

It's worth a try. I'd give some money for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:05 pm 

I definitely think a Kickstarter project could work. Depends how much money you'd need, obviously, but the Kickstarter model is perfect for this sort of thing.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:49 pm 
Global moderator

Kickstarter would be an AWESOME idea actually. It's really a model I'm seeing more and more independent artists using and it seems to work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:38 pm 

I think between everyone that's interested in getting a BSG orchestra DVD, we'd be able to raise enough money to get it made. I say go for it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:53 pm 

Might I suggest custom Bear McCreary piano arrangement voicemail messages for $9.99 each? Haha.

Kidding aside, a kickstarter program sounds like an optimal plan. If I might also suggest. Perhaps starting out with a digital download option might make this project more viable. I generally prefer to own a physical copy of something that I am a particular fan of (see: BSG Blu-Ray boxset on my shelf lol), but would not be opposed to an iTunes or Amazon download for example.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 pm 

I think kick starter is a great plan. I volunteer to help in any way. I would prefer a physical copy too but if I had to download it I would do that too. The nights I spent at the House of Blues with the BGO were some of the most magical nights in my life (and I've had a few!). :-)

Here's hoping the BGO will perform live again-
So say we all,
S

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:09 am 

I would definitely put some $s up for this. Would hope for HD video with lossless audio mix.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:04 am 

I would contribute to and help promote a kickstarter! I think it's a great project!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm 
Global moderator

My funds are kind of tight but I'd still find a way to contribute. Maybe I could tie in something with the photography that I've been doing lately and something like " a donation to the Bear McCreary BSG dvd video project " or something like that. Are you going to post this on your facebook page too ? Hope so. I bet some of them would also contribute but I know most of those fans have yet to sign up here on the forum. (I wonder why that is too.).

And as for the custom Bear McCreary (and maybe even Raya) answering maching message / voicemail message ? Why not ?..Who else has something like that ? Hey, maybe we can get Brendan to jump in on this too.

I tell various friends that I'm lucky to be one of your moderators on your forum and I just don't think they get it. How we can personally interact with you and have questions answered and so forth. BUT...if they heard your voice and Raya / Brendan...then I think they'd totally get it..LMAO..

Just this evening I called someone and their cell phone ring tone (that I heard on my end) was the theme to the Walking Dead. I'd LOVE to be able to have him (and other techie friends) call me on my cell and hear the Walking Dead theme or Prelude to War and your voice saying something like " Hey this is Bear McCreary, leave a message for...at the beep, So Say We All "..THAT would show em !! :)...I know they'd be asking..how the hell did you do that ?

- End of Line -

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 6   [ 60 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next