It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:37 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: My New Forum!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hey everybody, so I'm going to get things started here. I've not really spent a lot of time on any forums in the past, so you guys will have to educate me a little. But, this seems like it would be really cool. What sort of things would you like to see happen here?

Post subject: Re: My New Forum!
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:44 pm 
Global moderator

Hi Bear, hi all,

Bear, you wrote:
Bear McCreary wrote:
I've not really spent a lot of time on any forums in the past, so you guys will have to educate me a little.

Here is a tip, if you are not in the little text box, don't hit the backspace key, it takes you to the previous page, without saving the beautiful text you just wrote. :cry:

So here I go again:

What I hope will happen here is to find a place to connect to all the people who have been posting in your blogposts, because in a way they have become a big extended family to me. And for now you are not performing nearly enough to give us all sufficient opportunity to meet up in real life ;) .
So let this forum become a little bit of a safe haven where we can discuss, talk and share ideas and opinions... And of course ask questions and find answers...

I look forward to visiting this forum and your website frequently...

Here's me hoping others are thinking the same and will join me here...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:03 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
What I hope will happen here is to find a place to connect to all the people who have been posting in your blogposts, because in a way they have become a big extended family to me.

I need to figure out how to do the cool quote thing. I suck at this. But, yes, I couldn't agree more. That's exactly what I'm hoping happens. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:44 pm 

I haven't been to the blog in a while since life got in the way, but yeah I've been wanting a forum here since back during BSG. Thanks to this community I even made a friend from my hometown. That's cool to me, since you don't see lots of South Carolinians here in Helsinki.

Eventually, most forums need guidelines about politics and religion, since this is where flame wars tend to start. Also swearing. To some it's not a big deal and to others it's the end of the frakking world.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Plainsong wrote:
Eventually, most forums need guidelines about politics and religion, since this is where flame wars tend to start. Also swearing.

Can we just start with a simple rule: Don't Be a Dick. Or does that break a rule? :)

Yes, I'm hoping we can avoid needlessly enraging diatribes on non-music related topics, so I'm hoping we can focus on passions that we all have in common, instead of things that we disagree on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:44 pm 
Global moderator

Greetings!

Bear, this forum is a fabulous idea. I'd say more of the same- encourage discussion of music/scoring related topics, and things tangentially related to your projects.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:06 pm 

Bear McCreary wrote:
Can we just start with a simple rule: Don't Be a Dick. Or does that break a rule? :)

I don't think so 8-)

Maybe there could be a forum for your projects in progress? It would give us all a place to go after any announcements you may make concerning them.

Love what you've done with the place!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:12 am 

Bear McCreary wrote:
Plainsong wrote:
Eventually, most forums need guidelines about politics and religion, since this is where flame wars tend to start. Also swearing.

Yes, I'm hoping we can avoid needlessly enraging diatribes on non-music related topics, so I'm hoping we can focus on passions that we all have in common, instead of things that we disagree on.

Wheaton's Rule - I'll remember that when we get into a Tastes Great, Less Filling flame war. 8-)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:50 am 

I am looking forward to spending time here :D Very impressed with the overall look and style of the place and the effort which has gone into customising the forum and not just sticking a bog standard vanilla install on here. See you out there!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:47 am 

Like the new forum.

Seems like there should be a space for Walking Dead, which I don't see. The music isn't exactly as substantial as BSG, but it is a great show (and has the virtue of being currently on the air).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next