It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:06 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 15   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: Who I Am, Where I'm From!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:16 am 

Hi I'm Peter from just outside Charlotte, NC. I teach orchestra and recording technology at the high school level. Hope you don't mind, Bear, but I've been using your blogs in the classroom for quite a while now. Great information for composition and recording techniques. Plus, my 4 year old daughter loves your version of All Along the Watchtower.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am 

Hi guys,

I’m Jonathon Dez-La-Lour (Yes, that really is my name) and I’m a music composition graduate from Birmingham, England. I finished my degree earlier this year and I’m slowly starting to get into film scoring working on student films for friends, so hopefully in the not-too-distant future I’ll be able to actually make a living as a composer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:29 am 

Hello, all! My name is Monika, and I grew up and currently reside in rural Indiana. I have had a passion for film scores since my early teens, but until I met my husband, I had never encountered anyone else who shared my taste in music. I am a stay-at-home mom to my beautiful, almost one-year-old, budding geekling baby girl. We live on my family's farm in western Indiana. My husband and I first encountered Bear's music on BSG and we even used "The Dance" during our wedding reception.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:09 pm 

Hello,

My name is Mikhail, I live in Volgograd, Russia

I've translated BSG into Russian and I am very glad to say: there are many fans of 'Battlestar Galactica' and your fantastic music here! :)

Life has your melodies. Thank you, Bear! :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:41 pm 

mirnavela wrote:
Hello, all! My name is Monika...
...we even used "The Dance" during our wedding reception.

Salutations and the like! I am the aforementioned husband, named Jason.
I grew up in the urban decay known as Gary, Indiana, and have loved movie soundtracks/scores ever since I watched Glory in 7th grade. Between my wife's and my joined collections, we have hundreds of scores, but chief among them are the works of our host - Bear McCreary. No other playlist frequents our speakers more often!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:34 pm 

Hi! I'm Eric and I'm a computer science student from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. I've had an interest in music forever (I used to skip recess to practice recorder!), and I perform in choirs and occasionally compose or arrange music for fun. I dream of one day being able to perform Diaspora Oratorio...it could happen! The blog here has been fascinating for me, and having a composer that cares and has the ability to keep fans connected to the music is a rare and appreciated thing.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:26 am 

Hello, folks!

I'm Sam, and I'm a physicist and programmer from the UK. Recently graduated with a physics degree, and now looking for something to do with it...

I've been following the blog since BSG S3 or thereabouts, and have been utterly fascinated by the insights into the music and composition process.

I don't know if anyone else uses last.fm to keep track of their music listening, but my page is here. (I note Bear McCreary has recently ascended to my #1 most listened artist, with 6,808 plays.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:03 am 

Howdy all!

I'm Josh, a budding young photographer in Sydney, just moved here from a much lesser known Australian town :P and I hate to do the plug thing, but I feel like I can't properly explain who I am without sharing my pictures: http://blueymcphluey.tumblr.com/

And yeah, just want to say I love this new site and the forum, it feels great to be able to properly connect with someone who has inspired me for so long! :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:48 am 

Hi All!

I'm Meg from the Toledo, OH area. I've been following Bear's Blog for years, but never registered. Like many of you I first heard Bear on BSG. I didn't start watching BSG until "Kobol's Last Gleaming pt. 2", "The Shape of Things to Come" pretty much cemented my love for both the show and Bear's score. I really enjoy the new site format. :)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:28 am 

I'm John, from Washington, D.C.; currently in graduate school at Georgetown, pursuing a career in medicine.

My own musical background is that I'm a mediocre jazz trombonist who also took a class in voice, but I'm a tremendous BSG fan (as well as HT season 1 and Walking Dead) and I appreciate what a big part of the show music was. The soundtracks have been some of my favorite music through some tough times.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 15   [ 143 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next