It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:36 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Scene / Favorite Track: Caprica
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:54 pm 

I don't recall liking the sound of an old woman singing before, but I was really moved by the scene in which the old Tauron lady sang a song based on the Tauron Theme, and it gave me a new appreciation of that theme. Is that piece a contender for the CD(s) Bear?

And speaking of Caprica, the recent BSX Records release Science Fiction's Finest Vol. 1
features a great 4-minute piano arrangement of the Caprica Theme. It sits very nicely at the end of my BSG piano playlist after Joo-hyun's work. My first listen of the Caprica Theme came from that YouTube video in which Bear demonstrates the theme and one of my favorite parts of the pilot CD are the piano in the Amanda Greystone track, so I'm very happy to finally be able to listen to a solo piano arrangement of that theme :)

There's also a great 5-minute piano version of the Star Trek Deep Space 9 Theme, subtitled 3 a.m. at Quarks, arranged and performed by Dennis McCarthy.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Peter72 wrote:
I don't recall liking the sound of an old woman singing before, but I was really moved by the scene in which the old Tauron lady sang a song based on the Tauron Theme, and it gave me a new appreciation of that theme. Is that piece a contender for the CD(s) Bear?

Yeah, I loved this moment too. I actually wrote a lot that wasn't included in the show, the song was originally much longer. So, yes, it will definitely be on the upcoming album. I'll probably include the exact on-air performance as well as do a full-recording of my original complete composition too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:09 pm 

Bear McCreary wrote:
So, yes, it will definitely be on the upcoming album. I'll probably include the exact on-air performance as well as do a full-recording of my original complete composition too.

Awesome news. Can't wait to buy it as soon as it's out! :-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:41 am 

AdamCarlo wrote:
Bear McCreary wrote:
So, yes, it will definitely be on the upcoming album. I'll probably include the exact on-air performance as well as do a full-recording of my original complete composition too.

Awesome news. Can't wait to buy it as soon as it's out! :-)

Me too! That's going to be one very special release.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:10 am 

Bear McCreary wrote:
Peter72 wrote:

Yeah, I loved this moment too. I actually wrote a lot that wasn't included in the show, the song was originally much longer. So, yes, it will definitely be on the upcoming album. I'll probably include the exact on-air performance as well as do a full-recording of my original complete composition too.

Amsolutely, PLEASE include this !!!

There is so much great music you came up with for Caprica, way beyond the pilot score.

That was heartwrenching, and beautifully done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 pm 
Site Admin

Magda (Lacey) and I were chit-chatting last night about how much we miss Caprica. That is all. We miss Caprica. :(

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:29 am 
Global moderator

Peter72 wrote:
My first listen of the Caprica Theme came from that YouTube video in which Bear demonstrates the theme

This one?

I'm the one who made it and I still regret not bringing a better video camera on that day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:10 am 

Bear McCreary wrote:
Magda (Lacey) and I were chit-chatting last night about how much we miss Caprica. That is all. We miss Caprica. :(

She and the rest of the cast were fantastic. I really liked the character arc Lacey took by the end of the series finale. I loved the look on Clarice Willow's face....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:00 pm 

Lex wrote:
Peter72 wrote:
My first listen of the Caprica Theme came from that YouTube video in which Bear demonstrates the theme

This one?

I'm the one who made it and I still regret not bringing a better video camera on that day.

Yes that's the one. Thanks for doing that^^

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2