It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Favorite Scene / Favorite Track: Caprica
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:38 pm 
Site Admin

This is a tough one. The assassination of the minister (A Tauron Sacrifice from the soundtrack CD) is right up there. But, really, the scenes and pieces that have stuck with me are the quieter moments. Lacey and Zoey's Avatar meeting in V-World for the first time, or the shockingly tender scene between Lacey and the U-87 Zoe in the second episode... these pieces are so beautiful that sometimes I forget that I even wrote them. And these moments in the show were surprisingly emotional.

But, there were also so many great musical opportunities for me in this show. I loved doing the mini-opera in the mid-season finale. What a great chance to write for AJ again.

What did you guys like?

Post subject: Re: Favorite Scene / Favorite Track: Caprica
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:53 pm 

I just wish a general audience didn't need their sci-fi to be big and space-battlely, because this show was the definition of some good sci-fi.

The single biggest bit for me in Caprica was End of Line. Oh my frakking gods, that was just about perfect.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:03 pm 
Global moderator

I love the opera... also love the last 10 minutes of the finale, score and all. It's what I'm most anticipating on the upcoming soundtrack :D To me it was simply a teaser of what the rest of the series could have been like. It seriously did improve quite a bit as the pace picked up in the last 5 episodes of the season.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:28 pm 

"A Tauron Sacrifice" is outstanding and one of my favorite tracks from the pilot soundtrack along with "The Graystone Family" and "Lacey and Zoe-A".

As for favorite moments, the biggest one for me by far was the last several minutes of the season finale where you see some future events unfolding. After that, the final scene in the pilot when Zoe-A inside the centurion prototype becomes aware.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:01 am 

From the Pilot:

My favourite scene is V-Tamara’s awakening and realising that she doesn’t have a heartbeat. I just think that the scene was wonderfully acted and

My favourite music is Cybernetic Life-Form Node simply because even though it’s pretty much percussion with strings adding harmonies, it has 2 of the most easily recognisable rhythms from the BSG music-verse in there, Prelude to War and the Final Five riff from the end of Watchtower/Kara’s Co-Ordinates. I love the way shortening the Final Five riff by those 2 beats adds a lot of drive.

From the Series:

My favourite scene from the series was Philomon teaching U-87!Zoe to dance. It was such a cute little scene where we got to see Zoe still being a teenage girl despite inhabiting a gigantic bad-ass robot body.

My favourite music is another Zoe scene. This time from the Apotheosis. It’s the “Zoe is an Angry and Vengeful God” music where we get the Greystone theme in the strings and that awesome guitar riff form the main titles and all of the percussion. I also loved the music from the scenes where Zoe and Tamara were reshaping V-World with their thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:00 pm 

From the pilot: Really still love A Tauron Sacrifice.

But from the series I love The Differently Sentient the best. The last, haunting, almost bitter chord of the series foreshadows so much. I am still not over Caprica's cancellation. :|

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:28 pm 
Site Admin

asp17061 wrote:
I am still not over Caprica's cancellation. :|

Me neither! There was still so much of that world to explore. Oh well. I'm just grateful for what we got to experience. Glass is half full I suppose.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 pm 

Bear McCreary wrote:
asp17061 wrote:
I am still not over Caprica's cancellation. :|

Me neither! There was still so much of that world to explore. Oh well. I'm just grateful for what we got to experience. Glass is half full I suppose.

When it aired in Finland, the finale epilogue ended with "Coming in Season 2" - it gave me a sad. :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:08 am 

Nope, I'm also still not over the cancellation of Caprica. I concede that it probably took a little while to get going but the final 5 or 6 episodes really showed us the brilliance of what was to come. At least I have the series on dvd so I'll be watching it again soon and listening to the commentaries.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:13 pm 
Site Admin

Plainsong... "When it aired in Finland, the finale epilogue ended with "Coming in Season 2" - it gave me a sad. :cry:"

What?? Are you serious?? I wonder if that was a bad translation or what? That's a terrible tease!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next