Bear McCreary.com
http://www.bearmccreary.com/forum/

Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot
http://www.bearmccreary.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=271
Page 1 of 1

Author:  AdamCarlo [ Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:39 am ]
Post subject:  Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

The opening scene of the Caprica pilot where we see the rave party at the V-Club has a really interesting techno-type song playing in the background. Did you write that Bear or was that another artist? Just curious since that music is not on the soundtrack CD.

Thanks!

Adam.

Author:  Bear McCreary [ Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:41 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

AdamCarlo wrote:
The opening scene of the Caprica pilot where we see the rave party at the V-Club has a really interesting techno-type song playing in the background. Did you write that Bear or was that another artist? Just curious since that music is not on the soundtrack CD.


In the pilot, I honestly have no idea. I collaborated with various artists for many of the tunes heard in the V-club in the regular series, but in the pilot someone had already produced them as I recall. Wish I could be more helpful, but that's the best I can remember.

Author:  AdamCarlo [ Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

Bear McCreary wrote:
AdamCarlo wrote:
The opening scene of the Caprica pilot where we see the rave party at the V-Club has a really interesting techno-type song playing in the background. Did you write that Bear or was that another artist? Just curious since that music is not on the soundtrack CD.


In the pilot, I honestly have no idea. I collaborated with various artists for many of the tunes heard in the V-club in the regular series, but in the pilot someone had already produced them as I recall. Wish I could be more helpful, but that's the best I can remember.


Thanks for the reply Bear.

Author:  musicpaladin2007 [ Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:39 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

I went back and looked, and it looks like you did some research back when the Caprica pilot came out and posted the songs and artists of the V-Club music, which I've posted below.

Quote:
Yokozuka…

I found out the artists and songs for the V-Club songs. Here they are:

“Der Krankenwagen” – Kevin Haskins (the drummer from Bauhaus & Love and Rockets)
“Police State” – Kevin Haskins
“Neuro Drill” – Kevin Haskins
“V-Club” – Todd Fancey (from the New Pornographers)
“Freaky” – Cub
“Alsatian” – White Rose Movement
“Hummer” – Doug DeAngelis

Hope that helps!
-Bear

Author:  Bear McCreary [ Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:36 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

musicpaladin2007 wrote:
I went back and looked, and it looks like you did some research back when the Caprica pilot came out and posted the songs and artists of the V-Club music, which I've posted below.

Quote:
Yokozuka…

I found out the artists and songs for the V-Club songs. Here they are:

“Der Krankenwagen” – Kevin Haskins (the drummer from Bauhaus & Love and Rockets)
“Police State” – Kevin Haskins
“Neuro Drill” – Kevin Haskins
“V-Club” – Todd Fancey (from the New Pornographers)
“Freaky” – Cub
“Alsatian” – White Rose Movement
“Hummer” – Doug DeAngelis

Hope that helps!
-Bear



See? You remembered better than I did. :) Thanks!

Author:  Skating_Lientje [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

Bear McCreary wrote:
See? You remembered better than I did. :) Thanks!


Bear,
it might be a comforting thought to you that if one day if you are really old and start loosing your mind, you will have people spread out over the entire world knowing things about you and your work you have already long forgotten.

Hmm, on the other hand that might be a rather creepy thought, rather than comforting...

Author:  musicpaladin2007 [ Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

Haha I actually didn't remember any of that, I just remembered vaguely that you had listed it in one of your blog comments for someone who had the same question. So I did still have to look it up.

One awesome thing about your blog - it's a treasure trove of information that is useful far beyond the release date of a project.

Author:  Bear McCreary [ Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:05 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Question about the opening of the Caprica pilot

Honestly, I use my blog ALL THE TIME to remember stuff I did. Even when I was working on BSG, I'd hop over to the blog to remember an older theme or something I was planning on quoting in the score. It was a nice resource that will only become more valuable over time. It's nice because it's a record not only of what I wrote or did, but also how I felt about it at the time, which of course, you only have one chance to write down.

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/