It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 20 of 22   [ 211 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Caprica Season 1 Soundtrack
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:36 am 

http://imgur.com/6NvllIM

It's here - in all its glory! The long wait is finally over. I live in North Carolina, so props to LaLa/USPS for super fast shipping.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:58 pm 
Global moderator

Actually, I would be surprised if it was available digitally anytime soon, considering it's a limited run release. Often these deals are separate for digital vs CD release, and we haven't seen a digital Blood and Chrome yet (also a limited release).

I'm sure at some point we will see it, but they're probably trying to push selling out the limited run first.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:40 pm 

I listened to the entire work over the weekend. It is simply superb. I'm glad to see this music get the release it deserved. Major thanks to everyone involved.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:26 am 

Any particular highlights?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:20 am 

I've just received (it was a fast shipping, since I'm in France) the Caprica album + Europa Report (a birthday gift in advance, and both are autographed !). It's magnificent to have a new 2 Cd (!) release of this (sadly) prematurely cancelled series, bravo Bear McCreary and Lalaland Records - 3 Caprica CD eventually ! As always, the organization of the soundtrack is perfect, and we even have some extras and expanded versions. (I've just noticed that there is an error on the back cover of my box, the length of the tracks are wrong for the last column of CD2 - it's nothing and maybe it only concerns a few copies).
I'm glad to hear "Apotheosis", "Capricoperatica", "The Differently Sentient", "Caprica Abides", and all the other compositions in all their splendor. It has been worth the wait.
Of course this is an essential for every Bear McCreary's fan, but also for every soundtrack lover !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:51 am 

JBizzle wrote:
Any particular highlights?

The whole album! Well, for me at least, having "The Differently Sentient" on it is big. It's my favorite track of the series. It's a little different than what aired during the show, but it is a beautiful piece. Other highlights for me include: Apotheosis; Capricoperatica; and Amanda's Epiphany. The first disc is probably a little better than the second one; some of the tracks with singing on the second aren't as strong.

While I said I'm not wild about the cover art, I love the art for the actual discs. The booklet is also fantastic. (love the Alessandra Torresani spread!)

Anyone else listen yet?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:26 am 

I have a personal policy of waiting to listen to music purchases until I have a long trip or reach some personal milestone. Helps spread them out. I haven't even listened to Blood and Chrome yet.

I might have to pick up the pace though, at the rate I'm getting music these days.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:09 pm 

I received the 2-Disc Caprica set today. Sadly, there was no autograph, which I thought I was getting one, but anyway....

The set is an absolute joy, while finding myself pining for the series at the same time. I still find it necessary to keep the "isolated score" 6-part MP3 set I found on the Web, but the quality here is superb and this long-missed series gets a fantastic treatment.

As for highlights, every single inch of this set is a highlight in some way, at least for me. Reminders of favorite episodes, mental images of what might have been, the U-87, the lament I feel for wanting to be engulfed in the BSG universe on a weekly basis.... I could go on.

If you come across this Bear, hello again and THANK YOU for providing such meaningful music to us! I wish I could jam with you sometime, but I only play by ear! :)

-User897 formerly JediTray

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:46 pm 

My signed copy arrived today. The entire thing is awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:09 pm 

Wonderful release all around, I intend to listen to this quite often as I go bike riding, like I have with anything else by Bear :P

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 20 of 22   [ 211 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next