It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Raya Concert January 19, 2012
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Raya just announced details for her upcoming concert, which I'm playing in. This is going to be really theatrical. A totally unique experience. I highly recommend checking it out.

Attachments:
RAYA1-12.jpg
RAYA1-12.jpg [ 60.22 KiB | Viewed 13789 times ]

Post subject: Re: Raya Concert January 19, 2012
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:44 pm 
Global moderator

Oh, how I would love to attend. I have been following her blog (and the creation of some of the sings I think she's going to perform there).

Sadly enough I really can't make the hop over the big pond. I'll be busy writing another few of my PhD chapters. The PhD however should be getting closed to finished by the end of teh writing spurt, so hopefully I can treat myself on a long and deserved holiday afterwards.

Bear, do you have any concerts planned? ;)

Elin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:15 am 

Same sentiment here as Skating_Lientje. If I lived in California I would definitely attend.

I hope the concert goes great Bear. :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:01 pm 
Global moderator

I'll have to see how things go in the next few weeks. I'd love to attend and this would be my first trip ever to sunny California. I must admit that I'm a little nervous about visiting the west coast because I sort of have this thing about earthquakes. I'd rather be in the middle of the country facing a tornado and having lightning come down all around me. At least you can see that stuff coming. There's pretty much no warning for quakes. And recently, we here on the east coast found out that we're in a small quake zone too. However, I didn't feel a thing here in southern Pennsylvania. Virginia took the brunt of that little 5.4 quake.

If matter/antimatter transport technology were in use today I'd say sure, I'll come to sunny CA. If a quake hit I could beam the hell out of there in no time..LOL...:)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:36 pm 
Global moderator

If I lived there in the California area I'd offer to take some pics of you and Raya while the concert was going on. Or Help Kevin with video (if he's going to do that). Sucks that I'm 3000 miles away..but still hoping that I get the funds to fly out (if even for a day) to see the concert. That would be an awesome new years present..:)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:19 am 
Global moderator

Go for it Marc,
I couldn't imagine a more fun New Year's present. And earthquakes aren't that bad. Just find shelter in a door frame and sit the shaking out...

Elin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:32 am 

Dear Harrison 5:

There are so many reasons for me not to go to Raya’s concert, (I am moving that week and it is a weekday), but I’ll tell you the experience of Raya’s music enriches my life so much it is worth the sacrifice. I know you are far away, and I am closer, but you can make this trip happen if you point your intention in the right direction. And of course you only live once, which brings me to the possibility of that earthquake scenario you mentioned.

First of all we don’t know anything. Okay, so here goes my vivid imagination. So what if you didn’t make this trip and missed the concert, but something was supposed to happen at the concert that profoundly changed your life like meeting someone, or a change in your perspective that changed the course of your life? Your fear (which is always about the future) would then control you. Imagine going back home after the concert and telling your friends what a kick-ass time you had!

I’m scared. I want to point that out. I’ve experienced many earthquakes and I don’t like them at all. However I must say for all the time I’ve lived in California and all the earthquakes I’ve experienced, I’m still here and it wasn’t so bad. It’s nature’s way of equalizing us. I try very hard not to allow my fear to stop me but believe me I completely understand and I am not judging you. Also, not trying to be preachy, I just know what a treat the music is.

Find/create the money, get on a plane. Get here. If an earthquake happens we will duck and cover and then eat pizza. I will be there and you can sit by me. If one happens and gods forbid we are engulfed, at least we will go down with beautiful music ringing in our ears. Please feel free to contact me via email-I’ll talk you into it. Take care.

So say we all,
Sue

PS: Thank you for your honesty.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:31 pm 
Site Admin

Hey Sue... thank you for your eloquence. I couldn't agree more :)

We'd love to see a few of you at the concert in January, but of course... there will be more in the future too.

-Bear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:20 pm 
Global moderator

I hope I didn't give some of you the wrong idea about my " earthquake phobia ". There's no Frrrakkin way that I would let a little tectonic shifting stand in my way of seeing a Raya Yarbrough / Bear McCreary concert. However there is the possibility that I might have to wait until later on in the year. I want to go, very much so. But sometimes (and maybe most of the time) timing is everything.

With that being said, if I am meant to go, then I believe things will line up for me to do so.

So, here's hoping !! :)

So Say We All

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

Well, there will be many more concerts in the future. But this one in January is going to be very intimate, it's a great room.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next