It is currently Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Zom-B-Movie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

A special Halloween treat for you all! The official album artwork for my next soundtrack album:
Zom-B-Movie.

Coming in a few weeks! Official press release is below. Trick or Treat! :)

Attachments:
Zom-B_CD_small2.jpg
Zom-B_CD_small2.jpg [ 1.3 MiB | Viewed 15569 times ]

Post subject: Re: Zom-B-Movie
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

The official press release:

THIS FALL MCCREARY FIGHTS OFF THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE, ONE SCORE AT A TIME

AMC To Begin Airing The Walking Dead Season Two
BuySoundtrax Records to Release Chillerama: Zom-B-Movie Soundtrack

(Los Angeles, CA –October 31, 2011) Bear McCreary falls victim to the zombie apocalypse, not once but twice this fall. AMC has begun airing the second season of the acclaimed series The Walking Dead on Sunday, October 16th and BuySoundtrax Records has announced the mid-November release of his original songs and score for Chillerama: Zom-B-Movie. To celebrate these two events, McCreary has launched a new version of his very popular website and blog http://www.bearmccreary.com.

In the spirit of classic anthology films like Creepshow and Twilight Zone: The Movie and containing films that not only celebrate the golden age of drive-in B horror shlock but also span over four decades of cinema, Chillerama offers something for every bad taste. Zom-B-Movie was directed by Joe Lynch (Wrong Turn 2, Knights of Badassdom) and stars Richard Riehle (Office Space) and Brendan McCreary (the band Young Beautiful In A Hurry). Chillerama will be available on DVD or Blu-Ray on November 29, 2011.

“My score for Zom-B-Movie,” said McCreary, “is both epic and simple, sophisticated and juvenile, terrifyingly dissonant and melodically tender. Writing this music made me feel like a kid again; crouched before an analog TV set flickering with a VHS copy of Gremlins.”

Chillerama: Zom-B-Movie also gave Bear the opportunity to expand into two new areas: acting and directing. Bear makes a cameo as a deranged painter using, well, an unorthodox medium for his work. In addition, Bear directed a special music video for the film's closing credits, for the single "I Don't Want to Die a Virgin" by Young Beautiful in a Hurry. The video is currently online at http://www.YouTube.com/YBinaHurry.

The McCreary brothers will reunite again, this time joined by Brendon Small (Dethklok/Adult Swim’s Metalocalypse) on November 9th in Los Angeles for a special benefit. Together they will join with a unique group of musicians--and Queen fans--to commemorate the twentieth anniversary of Freddie Mercury’s passing with The Show Must Go On -- a live performance of the music of Queen -- at The Roxy Theatre. All proceeds from the concert and memorabilia auction will be donated to AIDS Project Los Angeles (APLA), to help combat the disease that took Freddie from this world.

"Queen was a rock band with truly orchestral sensibilities,” added Bear McCreary. “Their melodies, harmonies and passion for lyrical storytelling place their songs amongst the most essential ever written."

November 9th, 2011, 9PM
The Roxy Theatre (9009 West Sunset Blvd, West Hollywood, CA)
All Ages
Tickets: $35 available
http://www.TheShowMustGoOn.us
All proceeds will go to AIDS Project Los Angeles

# # #

http://www.TheShowMustGoOn.us
http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog

For more information contact Beth Krakower, CineMedia Promotions, 212-533-6864. beth@cinemediapromotions.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:12 pm 
Global moderator

Niiiice! This is a must-have for me.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:19 pm 
Global moderator

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet on Bear's homepage: The CD is available HERE at Buysoundtrax.com and HERE at Dark Delicacies.

I just ordered mine at buysoundtrax and hope I'm one of the first 100 to get a signed copy. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:36 pm 

Lex wrote:
I just ordered mine at buysoundtrax and hope I'm one of the first 100 to get a signed copy. ;)

Likewise.
I vote Bear should set up a subscription service that automatically sends out signed copies of each of his albums as they're released. Would save us obsessives ordering each one individually...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:50 am 
Global moderator

Great idea! Bear? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:44 am 
Site Admin

Sentynel wrote:
Lex wrote:

Likewise.
I vote Bear should set up a subscription service that automatically sends out signed copies of each of his albums as they're released. Would save us obsessives ordering each one individually...

This sounds more like an OFFICIAL FAN CLUB kind of thing doesn't it? Not a bad idea, actually.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:40 pm 
Site Admin

http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/chill ... m-b-movie/

The first review of my score is up. It's one of the most entertaining reviews of my albums ever! Some truly stand out quotes, but this is my favorite:

"“Hate” is a strong word that I prefer not to use, but there are parts of this score that I detest intensely"

I figured a score with this much personality would pick up some detractors. Funny, too, because the reviewer seems to recognize the reasoning behind every creative decision I made... he just hates the music I'm inspired from.

I'm really curious to see what you guys think of this score!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:18 pm 
Global moderator

Bear McCreary wrote:
http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/chillerama-zom-b-movie/
I figured a score with this much personality would pick up some detractors. Funny, too, because the reviewer seems to recognize the reasoning behind every creative decision I made... he just hates the music I'm inspired from.

You gotta admit, Bear, the reviewer was pretty respectful in the way he hated the album.
I loved how he basically urged people to sample the album themselves and make up their own minds.

For me that's all you can ask for when a musical taste differs completely from the musical vision of the composer.

Elin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:41 pm 

Bear McCreary wrote:
This sounds more like an OFFICIAL FAN CLUB kind of thing doesn't it? Not a bad idea, actually.

I sure wouldn't turn down extra fan club benefits to this service beyond copies of all the releases...

Skating_Lientje wrote:
You gotta admit, Bear, the reviewer was pretty respectful in the way he hated the album.
I loved how he basically urged people to sample the album themselves and make up their own minds.

For me that's all you can ask for when a musical taste differs completely from the musical vision of the composer.

It can't be easy trying to fairly and usefully review music (or anything else) of a style you don't get on with. The point of a review is basically to help filter the enormous amount of music out there so we don't have to listen to absolutely everything; it's gotta be hard to write something in this case that says more than "yeah, you're still going to have to listen to it yourself and decide". This guy did pretty well.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next