It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:08 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 8   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Scene / Favorite Track: BSG
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:13 am 

Just finished listening to "The Plan" today and I have a question for Bear. The live version of "Apocalypse" which is on the soundtrack, where was that recorded? Was that a concert in LA?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:20 am 
Site Admin

AdamCarlo wrote:
Just finished listening to "The Plan" today and I have a question for Bear. The live version of "Apocalypse" which is on the soundtrack, where was that recorded? Was that a concert in LA?

That was recorded at one of the concerts we did in summer 2009 after the series wrapped. Funny thing is that it was performed before anyone had ever seen The Plan, so the people in the audience were hearing it for the first time. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:51 pm 

Bear McCreary wrote:
That was recorded at one of the concerts we did in summer 2009 after the series wrapped. Funny thing is that it was performed before anyone had ever seen The Plan, so the people in the audience were hearing it for the first time. :)

Great stuff! I wish I could have been there. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:28 pm 

I just finished watching "The Farm," and had forgotten how different the in-episode version of "A Promise to Return" was. Curious if there was a reason for the change; both versions are fantastic, but the episode version has a much different quality.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:17 am 

Even the episodes of BSG that I felt were not quite as good like "Black Market" still managed to have fantastic music. The "Black Market" track on the season 2 soundtrack is outstanding.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:26 pm 
Site Admin

AdamCarlo wrote:
Even the episodes of BSG that I felt were not quite as good like "Black Market" still managed to have fantastic music. The "Black Market" track on the season 2 soundtrack is outstanding.

"Black Market" is weird like that. It's widely cited as the series' weakest episode (which it is not). It certainly has weaknesses, but it did allow me to write some of my favorite cues for that season. So, when I hear the words "Black Market" I always think of those cues I got to do. In fact, it sometimes takes me a moment to remember that most fans dislike the episode.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:22 pm 

It's really hard to pick only one favorite scene.There are plenty of great moments in BSG : Boomer shooting Adama, Adama saying "I'm getting my men" at the end of Pegasus, The Battlestar falling through the sky of New Caprica, The reveal of the Final Four, and of course, Kara playing the Final Five theme on the piano.

If I had to choose only one track, it would be "Something Dark Is Coming", it's so beautiful, deep and sad ; there's a lot of emotions in this track. :) . It's hard to explain why I love this track so much :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:49 am 

"Something Dark is Coming" is a track that has become better with each successive listening for me. When I first bought the season 2 soundtrack it was not one of the "stand out" tracks for me but it's amazing how much it has grown on me over time and now its definitely one of my favorites.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:24 pm 

Just been listening to the "Daybreak" CD, as I hadn't heard it for a while, and it's awesome.

Sometimes you just forget how good a score is if you haven't heard it for a while.

To complete the musical picture, on my MP3 "Album", I've appended the Jimi Hendrix version of "All Along The Watchtower".

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:59 pm 

Bear McCreary wrote:
SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

I was just thinking today about the first time I watched the end of Season 1 with my family. I'd seen it hundreds of times, but they'd never seen it yet. The palpable suspense in the air when Boomer shoots the first time, and then hearing everyone in the room scream "NO!" Then she shoots again and everyone screamed again. It was like watching a tragic event unfold in real life. I'd truly never experienced anything like it. To this day, that moment -- watching the first season finale with an audience who didn't know what was coming -- remains one of the highlights of my experiences with BSG.

What about you guys?

BSG remains to this day the only TV show which has ever got a physical response out of me (other than laughing at stand up comedy or panel shows). There are two times in BSGs run that have got me making other people look at me like I'm mad.

The first was the mid season 2 cliff-hanger - as Cain orders the attack on Galactica. When it came up "To be continued" I yelled at the TV "NO! F**K YOU!", much to everyone's surprise around me!

The other time was the "Adama Maneuver" in Exodus part 2 - Galactica jumping in to the atmosphere had me actually clapping with glea (clapping like a giddy school girl) and laughing.

Sure, I'll jump in Alien (who doesn't?) or I'll maybe shed a tear in Old Yella or something, but "day to day" TV shows - nothing has ever elicited a reaction out of me. Much of that is due to the music, I think. Definitely helps set the atmosphere.

Pegasus appearing out of no where and firing on the base-star might also have made me mutter "f**k yeah..." :D

EDIT: and I remember being wide-eyed when Galactica jumped in to the cylon station in the finale.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 8   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next