It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:45 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Favorite Scene / Favorite Track: BSG
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:32 pm 
Global moderator

I'll cover my favorite track in a seperate post as it is going to take some time (which I don't have right now as I should be finishing my CV and writing an applications letter, but hey, I at least wanted to post something today ;) ), but here are my favorite (musical) scenes.

Without a doubt my favorite scene would be Slick and Kara's duet in 'Someone to Watch over me'. I can't believe nobody has mentioned that scene yet.
I just loved the music getting such a primordial place in the series, where people 'not that much into' score music were being forced to pay attention as well.

Same with Kara dialing in the coordinates in the Finale and jumping the Battelstar Galactica to Earth.

Kick-ass scenes for any score fan, but just absolute delights for a McCreary fan :D .

Elin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:44 am 

One of the most memorable scenes for me was the scene in which everyone returns to Galactica after their stint on New Caprica. Starbuck gets off the shuttle with the girl she thinks is her daughter ready to start a new life as a mother..... and then the girl's real mother cries out "You found my baby!"
Oach! Poor Starbuck.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:13 am 

Skating_Lientje wrote:
I'll cover my favorite track in a seperate post as it is going to take some time (which I don't have right now as I should be finishing my CV and writing an applications letter, but hey, I at least wanted to post something today ;) ), but here are mfavorite (musical) scenes.

Without a doubt my favorite scene would be Slick and Kara's duet in 'Someone to Watch over me'. I can't believe nobody has mentioned that scene yet.
I just loved the music getting such a primordial place in the series, where people 'not that much into' score music were being forced to pay attention as well.

Same with ara dialing in the coordinates in the Finale and jumping the Battelstar Galactica to Earth.

Kick-ass scenes for any score fan, but just absolute delights for a McCreary fan :D .

Elin

Here here. The musical arc taken with the Final Four theme and All Along The Watchtower is amazing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:22 am 

Picking favorites from the BSG scores... is not easy, nor does it lend to maintaining my sanity. Among my playlists (and burned CDs), I have named one series "Blasphemous BoB", in reference to the idea that a 'Best of Battlestar' list would be blasphemy in itself. There's such musical excellence throughout the series that picking a best-of just baffles the mind, and cries outrage among the musical Gods. Nevertheless, I'll look to answer the question.

For my usual listening tastes, I must acknowledge Prelude to War, Assault on the Colony, and Storming New Caprica are each favorites, with Prelude winning top honors by a narrow margin. But I've got to say that Roslin and Adama ranks just as high, for different reasons, of course. Oh, crap - Diaspora Oratorio and Farewell, Apollo, too!

Incidentally, Blasphemous BoB is Badass (containing the action oriented tracks) and Blasphemous BoB is Beautiful (containing the softer tracks) are the most-often played lists on my computer.

As for favorite scenes, the list is also huge. But I'll credit the mid-season-2 cliffhanger at the end of Pegasus as my favorite moment. That episode had a perfect dramatic progression from the pinnacle of excitement and relief, through an increasingly downward spiral to outrage and righteous wrath. It culminates in a dizzying blend of brilliant acting, incredible music, exceptional writing, and even awesome cinematography (the camera rotating around the resolute Adama and the stalwart Cain in their respective CICs lends to the spiral, quite literally). Entering the last scenes, we (the audience) are already a mess of built-up anger, just waiting for the last straw. From the moment when the snare begins, as Adama gets the call in the corridor, to the stirring strings during his pissed-off walk, through the big frakking crescendo during the phone call, and finally watching the two battlestars face off, letting fly their Vipers to the pounding climactic drums... that's got to be my favorite moment.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:49 am 

Fully agree with gearedsteel. The BSG soundtracks are simply strong all throughout and are so consistently great that it's really impossible to choose just one.

Most tv show and film soundtracks you have a few tracks that are really memorable and that's it. Not so with BSG.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:45 pm 

"I'm getting my men!" of course... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:26 pm 

AdamCarlo wrote:
Fully agree with gearedsteel. The BSG soundtracks are simply strong all throughout and are so consistently great that it's really impossible to choose just one.

Most tv show and film soundtracks you have a few tracks that are really memorable and that's it. Not so with BSG.

I know what you mean.

It is readily apparent any time I think of a scene, another 3 pop into my mind, and I find myself unable to difinitively choose.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:19 pm 

OneBuckFilms wrote:
AdamCarlo wrote:

I know what you mean.

It is readily apparent any time I think of a scene, another 3 pop into my mind, and I find myself unable to difinitively choose.

I agree; still, personally I have become obsessed with "Prelude to War". To me, it’s purity of form and purity of essence. I can loop it all day and I still can't get enough. It's like it's got everything I look for in a music piece.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:38 pm 

I was at a soccer game recently and was mildly surprised to hear "The Dance" from the boxing episode being played on loudspeaker by some tailgaters. Amazing how every track in these remarkably diverse albums sort of has its own fanbase. You never know where they'll pop up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:54 pm 
Site Admin

JBizzle wrote:
I was at a soccer game recently and was mildly surprised to hear "The Dance" from the boxing episode being played on loudspeaker by some tailgaters. Amazing how every track in these remarkably diverse albums sort of has its own fanbase. You never know where they'll pop up.

That's crazy! I would never have thought my soundtrack music would be used by soccer fans like that. I wonder if they were BSG fans too, or had just somehow found that music.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 72 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next