It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Mystical sounding music from BSG season 3 disk 3
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:52 am 
Global moderator

Bear,
I would really like to know what instrument (or instruments) were being played in a specific scene of BSG during season 3. On disk 3 of the season 3 dvd, during Unfinished Business (the Ron Moore Version - this has 25 minutes of extra footage) at time index (I guess track 3 of 5 ? ) at 7 mins and 22 seconds. Lee and Kara are in Kara's " soon to be house " talking about spending the rest of her life with Anders. (that's not word for word but I'm sure you know what scene I'm talking about)

Whatever instrument is playing from 7mins 22 secs to about 8 mins is so mystically, hauntingly, peaceful and beautiful. And with the crickets in the background chirping amidst all of the other silence (where Lee and Kara are standing), and the volume of this instrument rises little by little..I LOVE THIS !!..Please tell me more about it. If you had a longer version of this piece of music I would be asking you for it, and asking you how much for that track..etc..he he..

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Mystical sounding music from BSG season 3 disk 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 pm 
Site Admin

Hey...

I don't have the DVDs in front of me to answer for sure. But, that was one of those ultra-rare situations where I actually went back and scored the DVD version of the episode separate from the regular one. So, I wrote about 15 minutes of new material for that extended version.

If I recall correctly, I think that scene with the two of them features Eric Rigler playing the Lee / Kara Love Theme on the irish whistle (the same instrument that frequently plays "Wander My Friends"). But, I might be mistaken.

Anybody else wanna check the scene out and help us identify it?

PS: Since you asked in purple, I'm answering in green. :)

Post subject: Re: Mystical sounding music from BSG season 3 disk 3
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:36 pm 
Global moderator

That's ok, I like the purple n green too.

I think the Irish Whistle kicks in after this mystical music..it also starts out very softly, but yeah..when Lee and Kara are...well, you know.., then yes..I agree. There is that irish whistle.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]