It is currently Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:49 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Battlestar Galactica : Blood & Chrome
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:42 pm 
Global moderator

Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new about BSG B&C. I've kind of lost track of the MANY different results found online. And most are dated well into last year during spring and even earlier.

The last thing I read several months ago (and I hope this was just a bad rumor) said something about Sci-Fi channel might not even aire BSG B&C but just make it a movie or dvd ? Gods I hope that was incorrect information.

Bear, have you heard anything ?

If anyone has news, post the links below

So Say We All ?

Post subject: Re: Battlestar Galactica : Blood & Chrome
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:50 pm 
Global moderator

Wow,

talk about " ask and you shall receive ". I just checked my facebook page and found this.

New update on Battlestar Galactica: Blood & Chrome from Mark Stern. "We're trying to figure out the economics right now. I love it but we're trying to put various things together to see how we're going to get it made. My hope is we get it figured out."

As to when a series will come to pass, according to Stern (quoting the article): "Stern said the pilot was a good test to prove the technology could be used in series, although he acknowledged it will likely take a year to get the show on air after it's ordered due to the amount of post-production work that will be required on every episode."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And also this..

http://communityvoices.sites.post-gazet ... d-a-chrome

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And Bear, this one is for you. I remember you were asking about the exhibition in Seattle and wondering if any of us were going to go..or something like that.

http://empmuseum.org/calendar/index.asp ... egoryID=43

enjoy all !!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:03 am 

The SyFy Channel has become crap recently and they're more preoccupied with showing stuff like wrestling, reality shows and crappy B movies than showing quality sci-fi. This whole ordeal with Blood & Chrome has been sad to say the least.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am 
Global moderator

I am wondering if this thing is ever going to be released to the public. Does anybody have any idea?
I'm still really curious, but I'm thinking it might die a silent death, because this si taking waaaay too long.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:09 pm 

The last thing I read stated that SyFy would air the 2 hour pilot at some undetermined time in the future. Considering that the network already paid for the pilot, it would be odd if they never aired it. As for a recurring series, it seems at the very best we will get a web series and at the worst there will be nothing beyond the pilot.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:34 am 
Global moderator

AdamCarlo wrote:
The last thing I read stated that SyFy would air the 2 hour pilot at some undetermined time in the future.

I'm a geologist, and undetermined times in the future span very far for me, as we call anything under 10.000 years ago 'recent', something similar works in the future as well. I would like to be able to still see it in my life time ;).

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:09 pm 

Skating_Lientje wrote:
I'm a geologist, and undetermined times in the future span very far for me, as we call anything under 10.000 years ago 'recent', something similar works in the future as well. I would like to be able to still see it in my life time ;).

I took some geology classes in college so I know exactly what you mean! Seriously though, the longer SyFy takes to air the pilot, I think less people will be interested in seeing it. Hardcore BSG fans like most of us on this website will see it no matter what though but I'm afraid they will lose the casual viewer.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:51 pm 
Global moderator

Just remember, good things come to those who wait...or so the saying goes.

-End of Line-

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 am 
Global moderator

SyFy has never been known for its' speediness in pushing products out the door to the public.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:17 pm 

musicpaladin2007 wrote:
SyFy has never been known for its' speediness in pushing products out the door to the public.

For me at least this isn't really the vital issue. The major issue is how much the SyFy Channel has changed over the past 5 years and for the worse IMHO.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next