It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Where do you listen to your Bear McCreary music at ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:14 am 
Global moderator

Hello everyone,

I know the title of this post is a little odd because most of us probably listen to Bear & Raya's music on our Ipods or in the car. But I decided to try something a little different. And being a computer tech (we sometimes have to come up with creative solutions to get things to work) with leftover computer parts and so forth I decided to try something a little dfferent.

A computer tech friend of mine gave me this older but still sealed in the box wireless speaker system. It only transmits on 900 Mhz but it's kind of cool to set it up (on the laptop) in the kitchen and listen to BSG music while cooking breakfast or dinner. Anything from Precipice to Battlestar Sonatica to Fight Night, to Mandala In The Clouds (and more !). ;0

It's pretty frakkin cool.

This also makes my Skype calls a little more " theater " sounding if you know what I mean. Ahh, isn't technology wonderful..:D

Pardon the slight mess from the leftover Xmas presents..

Attachments:
Picture 4.jpg
Picture 4.jpg [ 189.99 KiB | Viewed 7426 times ]

Post subject: Re: Where do you listen to your Bear McCreary music at ?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:08 pm 
Global moderator

No iPod, but I own a Sony Walkman (for MP3, not those antique cassette players). I don't use it very often, just in the kitchen. I love cooking to Bear's music :D

Also, I have a huge playlist on my Laptop containing all CDs Bear ever made. As soon as I get a new one, I rip the songs and the original CD is stored in a shelf. I use this playlist everytime I work on my laptop and my GF isn't around. This can get pretty loud sometimes ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:22 pm 

Most of the time I just listen to music from my computer's 5.1 speaker set when I'm working (or slacking). Bear and other soundtrack (particularly the Social Network soundtrack) are popular choices for coding music.
In the car or otherwise out and about, from my mp3 player (currently an ageing Samsung something, but I filled the 16GB of storage space it has a couple of years ago and it really needs replacing...).
We also have a Sonos distributed audio system set up covering the kitchen and living room, which is a really slick system I'm very impressed by (though it is rather pricey). It'll play music from our media server or from internet services like Spotify to either room (including playing the same or different things in both rooms simultaneously).

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:01 pm 

iPod for me. The vast majority of my music listening is done while commuting to work and coming back home on the train and also when I go to sleep. I can usually listen to 3-5 tracks before I totally knock out. lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:50 am 

I almost never listen to any kind of music while I am at home. I just don't have the time at home. I have all the music I like to listen to on my non-Apple-product mp3 player which I carry around all the time. Usually I use it on the way to and from the airport. I hate short bus rides, because then I can't listen to all of my favorite pieces. ;) And I listen to music while I work out at the gym. Since I don't own a car and only use rentals if I need a car, I don't listen to "my" music during a car ride. I would simple forget taking CDs and whatsoever out of the car upon returning the rental.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:08 am 
Global moderator

There's always a MP3-CD in my car with all the songs I like at the moment. But most of the time I prefer listening to my local radio station on my 20 minute ride to work. Also, I don't listen to instrumental music while driving. I guess listening to "Prelude to war" during rush hour makes me kind of an aggressive driver *g*

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:02 pm 

Lex wrote:
I guess listening to "Prelude to war" during rush hour makes me kind of an aggressive driver *g*

Haha! Good one. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:20 am 

Lex wrote:
There's always a MP3-CD in my car with all the songs I like at the moment. But most of the time I prefer listening to my local radio station on my 20 minute ride to work. Also, I don't listen to instrumental music while driving. I guess listening to "Prelude to war" during rush hour makes me kind of an aggressive driver *g*

It does, however, work wonderfully when working out! Love it!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]