It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:48 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pilot
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:53 pm 

Parts 7 and 8 are pretty good. I didn't care for the predictable and forced sex scene but the rest was pretty good even though it seems these older centurion models suck at melee combat!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:55 am 

LOVED the final 5 minutes or so of Blood & Chrome. The "Apocalypse" theme was very fitting to hear in the end too.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:36 pm 

I've watched all of it.
Although I'm a fan of the more "cerebral" and conceptual aspects of BSG and Caprica, I don't say no to Blood and Chrome, even though, if it has the opportunity to become a series or to have sequels in a form or another, I'd like it to include these aspects a bit more. The franchise still has potential, and there's room for at least other experiences like B&C, telefilms and Web/TV productions, I think.

The music ? Very good, as always ! Like AdamCarlo, I like the use of the Apocalypse theme at the end. It's quite something to hear a new score by Bear in the BSG universe. Every review I have read about B&C indicates that it's a pleasure to hear BSG music again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:20 pm 

The music throughout Blood and Chrome was awesome... well... except...

Where was "A Good Lighter / Wander my friends"?
...I know I'm being nitpicky here, but I literally teared up when it came up during the Caprica pilot (wasn't at all expecting that call back), and whenever I saw footage from Blood and Chrome I was betting against myself as to when it would rear it's head (this being the Bill Adama story I honestly missed it).

But I guess that's just one single complaint. Everything else was incredible, (I do have to wonder whether the use of the old Galactica theme when the grand ol' vessel shows up during episode one was Bear's idea, or whether it came from the script, 'cause it really establishes a sort of mirroring sequence between Adama first getting on the ship [seeing the Galactica from the outside for the first time while old BSG theme plays, enter hanger deck] and his exit from her during Daybreak [exit hanger deck, Seeing the Galactica from the outside for the last time while old BSG theme plays]).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 pm 
Global moderator

The show is definitely different than the other version of BSG but I will definitely give it a chance. As far as the music goes, Thank you to Bear, Raya, MB, and everyone else that is involved with the music of Blood & Chrome :D...the music is Awesome !!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:47 pm 
Site Admin

SamWagner wrote:
The music throughout Blood and Chrome was awesome... well... except...

Where was "A Good Lighter / Wander my friends"?
...I know I'm being nitpicky here, but I literally teared up when it came up during the Caprica pilot (wasn't at all expecting that call back), and whenever I saw footage from Blood and Chrome I was betting against myself as to when it would rear it's head (this being the Bill Adama story I honestly missed it).

But I guess that's just one single complaint. Everything else was incredible, (I do have to wonder whether the use of the old Galactica theme when the grand ol' vessel shows up during episode one was Bear's idea, or whether it came from the script, 'cause it really establishes a sort of mirroring sequence between Adama first getting on the ship [seeing the Galactica from the outside for the first time while old BSG theme plays, enter hanger deck] and his exit from her during Daybreak [exit hanger deck, Seeing the Galactica from the outside for the last time while old BSG theme plays]).

There's a reason for that theme missing. I'll get into it in detail when I write my blog entry about it. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:36 am 

Isn't it because at this point Adama isn't "totally himself" yet ? It would make sense to slowly introduce his theme in the series cues by cues, instead of giving the whole theme directly, when what we saw was just the pilot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:44 am 
Global moderator

Could it be that when it was used in Caprica he was among family? In blood and chrome he's kind of on his own without family, but in bsg he first has his son, and also finds a family bond among the crew as well

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

musicpaladin2007 wrote:
Could it be that when it was used in Caprica he was among family? In blood and chrome he's kind of on his own without family, but in bsg he first has his son, and also finds a family bond among the crew as well

The blog goes up this weekend, but yeah... you nailed it. That was my thought process about it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:29 pm 
Site Admin

BTW, did I mention...

http://www.cinemediapromotions.com/2013 ... -mccreary/

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 5   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next