It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pilot
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:58 am 
Global moderator

When I first started watching BSG it took some time for the everything to really get into it. Now with Blood & Chrome here for us I'm finding out that it's taking alot less time for that to happen. I think I'm pretty much hooked after watching episode 3 & 4.

ALTHOUGH, there sure is ALOT of frakkin CGI. And it is puzzling to me that Galactica is SOOOO busy and has all of those Vipers in the upper area's of the hangars..and did you see all of those guns / turrents on her hull ?? Holy Frak..She didn't have that many in the other BSG..

I think I can deal with that though..he he..

A while ago I started doing the math in regards to characters in BSG that were up there in their age..like around Adama's age..and I started thinking, I wonder if we'll see characters like Kara Thrace's mother..when she was young and in the fleet. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:43 am 
Global moderator

Well, part of the whole deal with the series was that it would have mostly cgi sets, ESP those of Galactica since all those sets were imaged and recorded digitally before struck for this type of situation. So the mostly cgi is very much intentional. However it backfired and instead of being cost saving, it ended up being far harder and more expensive than originally envisioned.

As with the guns, remember that during the miniseries Galactica was more or less stripped and had become a museum ship and not remotely ready for active combat. One whole viper launch/landing bay was unusable because it was converted to a museum. So it's totally plausible that just before that Galactica was armed to the teeth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 pm 

Harrison5 wrote:
ALTHOUGH, there sure is ALOT of frakkin CGI. And it is puzzling to me that Galactica is SOOOO busy and has all of those Vipers in the upper area's of the hangars..and did you see all of those guns / turrents on her hull ?? Holy Frak..She didn't have that many in the other BSG..

Keep in mind that Blood & Chrome takes place over 40 years before the events of the mini-series so the Galactica was brand new and had all of the latest weaponry. As for the launch bays being so busy with Vipers, there is a major war for survival going on you know! ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:43 am 

So what's everyone's impression of B&C so far? I've seen the first 6 parts now and for the most part I like it. I can certainly see how this is more action oriented compared to BSG and especially Caprica.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:21 am 

I've been enjoying it so far, though it's nothing on BSG itself. The heavy use of CG is interesting - in general it's much more detailed than the series and looks pretty good, but it feels a bit video-gamey to me (maybe something to do with the rendering they're using?). Also, the CG for the crash at the end of part 5 was rubbish.
The story's not exactly been massively original so far either, but there's still room for that. It's a bit early to start judging the characters, too.

The music has, of course, been excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:48 am 

I know one thing for sure. When I first watched the BSG miniseries, I was astounded by how much character development there was by the end. Especially characters like Baltar, Tigh and Starbuck. I'm not so sure if I will have the same feelings after I watch all of B&C.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:45 pm 
Global moderator

AdamCarlo wrote:
I know one thing for sure. When I first watched the BSG miniseries, I was astounded by how much character development there was by the end. Especially characters like Baltar, Tigh and Starbuck. I'm not so sure if I will have the same feelings after I watch all of B&C.

Honestly I think they're frackking up the experience by showing it as a webseries.

I do realize we are grateful for this thing to even see the light of day; however that exact kind of character development is harder to pick up on when you're watching it in 10-15 minute increments and not the whole thing in 2 90 minute sittings.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 am 

I don't mind the heavy use of CGI per se. But the quality sometimes does seem a bit substandard compared to the TV series. Too often you can easily tell that it's fake.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:30 am 

musicpaladin2007 wrote:
Honestly I think they're frackking up the experience by showing it as a webseries.

I do realize we are grateful for this thing to even see the light of day; however that exact kind of character development is harder to pick up on when you're watching it in 10-15 minute increments and not the whole thing in 2 90 minute sittings.

Completely agree. B&C will be available on bluray/dvd in February and it will be aired on SyFy but by then it may be too late. The huge drop off in viewers from part 1 to part 2 worries me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 pm 
Global moderator

Keep in mind that there will probably be characters (such as Kara Thrace's mother & father) introduced..wouldn't that be cool ?? In fact, with the piano playing that (is it Cocher ??) was going on, I started to think " Is this Kara's father "..just a younger version ?? Hmmmm :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 46 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next