It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:14 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWD Soundtrack Album Selections
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:51 pm 
Global moderator

Pretty much the entire score of Beside the Dying Fire. Def the teaser, 10 min action sequence, reuniting sequence, and the end sequence around the campfire/prison scene.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:00 am 
Global moderator

I finally got round to watching the three final episodes. Boy, great stuff in there.
I probably have to look at it again, with all my senses focused on the music, and not partly on the story and the scary stuff.

I would certainly like to see all the more emotional themes (Dale's theme, Carl's theme...). Whenever emotional moments creep up in the Walking Dead, it is dead on (pun intended).

Also, I loved the heavy metal feel in the final episode. You could hear you had loads of fun writing this stuff. The percussion and the heavier guitar work just 'worked'. there is no other way of putting it. While the score-scape of TWD usually was dominated by silence, and hearing the cicadas chirp, which created this eerie abandonment feeling, having the music go full-out, just gave the whole finale 'drive'.

I can just say, thanks Bear, for the great work. It left me grinning at times when I should have felt scared, but the music just took me places.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:11 pm 

I will be short, because I have only one thing to say : it was, as always, frakking awesome !

Excellent work here, thank you so much for what you do Bear, I love your music so much.

Just a question, I feel some links between "Highway Reunion" and the Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy VII Main Them (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_oS8zsO2nU).
Am I right ? Is it on purpose ? Is it an influence ? Did you feel it before I talk about that ? Do you actually feel the same ?

By the way I have also a little comment about the "Sophia message" shot and so the cue "Farewell Sophia". I think it was a great idea to remind us of her and to end the sequence with it, since it's what led our heroes to the farm and all that follows. But I fear it reduced the impact of what just happened, since there was a lot of tragic events (with dead characters, even if they weren't main ones, the lost of the farm, etc), the theme of Sophia added to the shot emphasize the end of the farm story and kinda make the spectator forget about what just happend, since it ends with that shot and the characters leaving. It's my feeling though, what do you think ?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:35 am 

Orneon wrote:
By the way I have also a little comment about the "Sophia message" shot and so the cue "Farewell Sophia". I think it was a great idea to remind us of her and to end the sequence with it, since it's what led our heroes to the farm and all that follows. But I fear it reduced the impact of what just happened, since there was a lot of tragic events (with dead characters, even if they weren't main ones, the lost of the farm, etc), the theme of Sophia added to the shot emphasize the end of the farm story and kinda make the spectator forget about what just happend, since it ends with that shot and the characters leaving. It's my feeling though, what do you think ?

That shot was very quick and didn't make me forget about anything, the characters are talking about what happened in the very next scene.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:03 pm 
Site Admin

Orneon... I hear ya. That shot might have had that effect on people. I personally didn't feel that way, but I see your point. The fact of the matter is, though, that the shot was there, so I had to acknowledge it with music. I didn't direct it, just scored it. :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:16 pm 

Bear,

Congratulations on another fine season! Your music is so powerful and can touch the emotions of the receiver.

I would love if all the tracks could make it! Most of the others already covered Season 1, so I'll just talk about Season 2. At minimum, I would love to see these tracks from Season 2 make it to the album:

1. Season 2 Episode 1 - The opening music that connects to the re-harmonized main title theme.
2. Season 2 Episode 7 - Sophia's return music.
3. Season 2 Episode 8 - Funeral music.
4. Season 2 Episode 12 - Dale's Eulogy
5. Season 2 Episode 12 - Shane's theme (This was one of the most moving pieces I felt)
6. Season 2 Episode 12 - Andrea & Glenn Reflect on Dale
7. Season 2 Episode 12 - The End of Innocence / Ending music to the episode.
8. Season 2 Episode 13 - Action Sequence / Hershel's Last Stand
9. Season 2 Episode 13 - The Farm is Lost
10. Season 2 Episode 13 - Farwell Sophia
11. Season 2 Episode 13 - Prison Theme

Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to Season 3!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:36 pm 
Global moderator

:cry: OK guys: BAD NEWS :cry:

There probably won't be a 'The Walking Dead' soundtrack.
The show runner tweeted as much earlier today, and Bear confirmed it in a tweet.

Therefore I have started a FB page to make some noise.

Please go to the facebook page I created and hit the like button.

Let's get the attention of AMC and show them there is an audience for this soundtrack.

Please, if you have friends, forums of soundtrack lovers or those sort of areas where you can get some more votes, please, get these people to like the page.

We need some numbers out there...

Elin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:29 pm 

If this is some sick early April Fool's joke, it's not funny!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:37 am 
Global moderator

Peter72 wrote:
If this is some sick early April Fool's joke, it's not funny!

Sadly it is not. So please just go and like the page.

We are not doing too badly: little over 12h into creating the page, and we have 264 'likes' already, but this should get into the thousands...

Elin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:30 am 

This is crazy!

How could they not do TWD soundtrack?

The music sets the tone for this series, with 10 million people watching per episode they think no one will buy it?

I'd buy 15 copies myself. :lol:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 5 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next