It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWD Soundtrack Album Selections
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:49 pm 
Site Admin

@jd2607... a cool idea. I am planning on bringing back the music from the intro to "What Lies Ahead" in some interesting ways. Think you'll be pleasantly surprised :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:50 am 

Bear,

As everyone else has said, I request Mercy for the Living and Sophia's fate of course.

However I also have a few other requests:

-first off, the music from the pilot when starting from when rick first leaves the hospital, continuing to when he's lost all hope in his house.

-next, i know this is an odd request, but the small cue leading into the opening from "Bloodletting", where we see Shane watching Lori tell Carl about Rick having been shot.

Beyond that, I of course want the opening itself and many of the cues mentioned by others.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:17 pm 
Site Admin

These are all great suggestions, and they are among my favorites as well. keep the suggestions coming! :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:23 pm 

Hi all, very rarely do I sign up for boards and forums but I've felt pretty compelled to do so on this occasion. I've become a huge fan of the Walking Dead, as seeing Andrew Lincoln ( I'm British and a fan of his work over here in the UK - watch 'afterlife' if ever you get chance..) become a success in this series is great. Your music Bear has made this not only a powerful depiction of a tale attempted to have been told so many times in previous 'zombie' adaptations but also one of the most poignant, creating a unique version. The Mercy of the living is truly one of the most amazing short pieces for TV ever devised and coupled with the filming, an epic score. Also, as mentioned by many, Sophias Fate (assuming that is the piece in the S2 mid-season finale) is about as well placed as it could be alongside that final scene. Thanks for making a great tv series an awesome one, looking forward to the soundtrack release asap, regards, CT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:48 pm 
Site Admin

Hey CT... "Sophia's Fate" is a great name for a song title. :) Maybe I'll have to use that...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 am 

Lol, by all means Bear - mention me on the sleeve though yeah ! ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 pm 

Bear McCreary wrote:
Hey CT... "Sophia's Fate" is a great name for a song title. :) Maybe I'll have to use that...

sgtaqua wrote:
Lol, by all means Bear - mention me on the sleeve though yeah ! ;)

I said it first!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

The original (joke) title that everyone on the show was using to refer to that scene was "Barnmageddon." Funny, and I suppose accurate. But, I don't think it does the piece of music justice. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:47 am 

Bear McCreary wrote:
The original (joke) title that everyone on the show was using to refer to that scene was "Barnmageddon." Funny, and I suppose accurate. But, I don't think it does the piece of music justice. :)

Agreed.

Also that could be seen as a somewhat spoilerish title because it gives away that the barn is dangerous (lets say someone listened to this OST during the first season, or during the beginning of the second season). I've seen far worse though:

-Lost has a particular issue with this; particularly in the first, and fifth season OSTs, there were song titles in both that ruined major character's deaths. (And the one on the first season OST was the one that affected me)

-In Star Wars: The Phantom Menace's OST, they give away Qui-Gon Jin's death. Then again, I think they actually did that in the trailer too...

I know it seems weird, but there are times when I pick up an OST mid-way through a television series, so I appreciate it when song titles aren't spoilers (To my knowledge, you never did this with Battlestar Galactica; which I acquired the soundtracks for roughly half-way through the first season, so I appreciate it).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:17 pm 
Global moderator

Bear McCreary wrote:

Take it for what you will (not meant as an insult for those who think they are dumb), but that would almost sound like a Michael Giacchino cue/soundtrack track title ;-)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next