It is currently Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: TWD Soundtrack Album Selections
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:24 am 

The Amy tracks from "Wildfire"

Another vote for the one from "TS-19" when the zombification is explained. And when they are locked in and the VI tells them about the self-destruction. And the two tracks at the end when they are fleeing the CDC - the one inside is slow, outside is gets more action-y

Last edited by Steve on Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:54 pm 

When is the CD going to be made available? Any chance of a double CD covering Season 1 & 2?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:34 am 

I'd really like the cue from the MRI scene in TS-19. That's a great piece.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:36 pm 

Definitely that insanely creepy cue from the latest episodes and the Percussive Strings video, it's incredible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:42 pm 
Global moderator

Bear,

would love to have that music from Daryl's fall, where he ends up seeing his brother Merle. That music was with the hurdy gurdy (I think). Dream Tones is what you described it as.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:53 pm 

Amazing news. I'm so glad you'll release a soundtrack. I only have two requests: "The Mercy of the Living" and "The Hand". Seriously, I absolutely love these tracks. Also, I like how you thought when composing for the show, I wish horror soundtracks sounded more like this style.

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:59 pm 
Global moderator

The "Daryl" theme..and anything else that is of a similar " dream tone " ?...I LOVE that stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:30 am 

Great job with the music at the end of the Mid-Season Finale, Bear. I hope whatever you do, you include that music on the soundtrack when it comes out! Truthfully, I feel that a CD release of this music is long overdue. Been enjoying the blogs and learning about each unique instrument selection every week. I also really dig the theme for Sophia and how it was applied to that last episode. My Yamaha keyboard sits in front of me here and when you posted the musical example I have been finding myself playing those notes often! They are stuck in my head! Anyhow, keep up the great work and I'm really looking forward to the release of this music.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:52 pm 
Site Admin

These are great ideas, everybody. Keep'em coming. Progress on getting an album made is slow, but steady. I'm confident it will happen and fan enthusiasm for the idea truly helps. You guys are making a big difference.

The music in the first half of Season 2 is some of my best for the series, it's true. The second half of Season 2 starts off a little more subtle in terms of scoring, but really builds up towards the end. My cues for the last few episodes might even outshine the mid season finale.

Speaking of which, I need to get back to work on those cues right now. Seeing all this on my forum is inspiring me to get back to work! Thanks! :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:24 pm 

There's too many to choose from. Just going through the blogs I've got like 30 tracks that I'd want on a soundtrack release, not counting any stuff from the second half of season 2. There totally needs to be a 2-CD soundtrack for this.

But I did have an idea for a little musical nerdery akin to the BSG season 3 soundtrack attaching the Final Five riff to A Distant Sadness.

Instead of opening the album with the main titles, save that music until the very end and open with Rick Signing Off from What Lies Ahead and have Under the Tank from Days Gone Bye later on so that the main title ostinato does its little ear-wormy thing and by the time we get to the end it's like "Frak yeah! Zombies!"

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 11   [ 102 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next