It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Killer Within...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:23 pm 

Hello All, greetings from NoLa, this is my 1st post, but I've lurked for awhile...

Just watched the Killer Within on the BMC Sessions & wanted to say, yes sir Bear, it was emotionally devastating at the end...was watching the episode last night w/my gf & at the end we were both sitting there w/our eyes filled w/tears, that, in large part was due to the score, it was perfect, especially after poor Ricks reaction (first realization, then sorrow resulting in complete & utter agony), that was what got to me the most ..scores assist in conveying that emotion to the viewer (which is why I love them so much) & boy did you deliver...

Tysm for that :)

Post subject: Re: Killer Within...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks! That was a powerful episode and a challenging experience. I'm glad its resonating with so many people.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:14 pm 

The music really made the scene for me. It wrenched my heart and brought tears to my eyes. I never ever cry from watching anything but this about had me balling the music right when Maggie says "I'm sorry.". The string chords are so appropriate! I'm a composer myself, although not nearly as successful, and I really appreciate hearing your music. It is an inspiration and just watching your blogs every week keeps me plugging on with writing even when it gets to the point where it seems cumbersome. Somehow when you talk about writing for TWD my interest in my own projects renews. Scoring music for horror is so fun and I have had that opportunity so it is an experience to be sure! I hope you will get your music for this released in some form or another. Thanks for the music!

If anyone wishes to hear my work, you may find it here: www.soundcloud.com/josh-barron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:33 am 

Hey there JB, great stuff there on SoundCloud, being a huge Akira Yamaoka fan I really enjoyed the DollHouse tracks...I hope to reach a point where I may toss up a few tracks on there one day :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]