It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Favorite Scene - Favorite Track: TTSCC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

I got to do a lot of really dark, melancholy stuff. But, the piece that really stands out is "Atomic Al's Merry Melody."

Sure, it was only in the show for 30 seconds in the background, but it was a blast to do.

If I had to pick a REAL scene that stands out for me, it was the scene in THE DEMON HAND when Dr. Silberman recalls the events from TERMINATOR 2. It was chilling, hearing him describe this scene that we all know so well, but getting to hear about it from his perspective. So cool.

Post subject: Re: Favorite Scene - Favorite Track: TTSCC
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:59 pm 

First post here, long time lurker of the blog though.

To me, it would be that one version of John's theme that played during the Kaliba attack on the Connors' in 'To The Lighthouse', as John and Charlie run towards the boat. That whole montage was pretty intense.

Speaking of Kaliba, they also had a pretty cool theme, very chilling.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:09 pm 
Global moderator

One of my favorites is the Samson and Delilah montage... just very different start to the episode while still being distinctively Bear.

Also the Sarah Connor theme from I Love You.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:27 am 
Global moderator

This one's easy for me: the Sarah Connor Theme. Biiiig love here!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:08 am 

My favourite TSCC scene is easy, I don’t even have to think about this one. It’s the scene from the end of The Demon Hand where Cameron’s dancing to Chopin’s Nocturne in C# Minor and Derek’s looking absolutely devastated because he’s just realised that the human race has become obsolete.

As for my favourite musical moment, I think it has to be Central America from “Queen’s Gambit”. Sarah’s theme is so beautiful anyway and I loved hearing it with the A section as a guitar/violin duet and then with the guitar and flute for the B section. I just love Sarah’s theme. It one that I’ll frequently just sit and play at the piano when I’m feeling kinda down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:29 pm 
Site Admin

jd2607 wrote:
My favourite TSCC scene is easy, I don’t even have to think about this one. It’s the scene from the end of The Demon Hand where Cameron’s dancing to Chopin’s Nocturne in C# Minor and Derek’s looking absolutely devastated because he’s just realised that the human race has become obsolete.

I totally forgot about that one! Yes! That was stunning!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:47 am 

I just want to say that I LIVE for the T:TSCC soundtrack - it totally epitomises the aesthetic (or whatever the sound equivalent of aesthetic is, sorry - photographer here, much better at talking about photos :P) I love and it's such a rare one. It's really rough and powerful but there's such an organic flow to them which is uncommon to find together. I can't even tell you how much I treasure these pieces

Cromartie in the Hospital
Derek's Mission
Highway Battle
Opening Credits
End Titles

and then not totally the same style but still just as excellent:

The Hand of God
Perfect Creatures

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:23 am 

The T:SCC Soundtrack was amazing. The score for the Sarah Connor Chronicles is amazing. Throughout the series, as much as I loved the melodic themes of Sarah, John and Derek, the dark Terminator cues were what always caught my attention. Especially in Season Two, such as Cromarties Hunt for John in Episode Three and Weavers Attack on the warehouse in Episode Fourteen. My partner and I recently had a T:SCC marathon and I must say, the Terminator cues continue to give me chills.

It's rather unfortunate that a second volume soundtrack has yet to be released. I am still hoping for the future release, even if it were on just iTunes. Would it be possible to share some cues on your blog? I mean you have done so with cues from other shows. Oh, how that would make my year. :P

As for the soundtrack, my favourite tracks would have to be Prisoners Of War, Highway Battle, Cromartie In The Hospital, and Samson and Delilah.

All the best,

Mal.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:14 am 
Site Admin

Hey Mal! I'm still hoping we get to release some more material. Especially the Spanish song I produced for "Mr Ferguson is Ill Today," when Cromartie was ambushed in the church. That's still one of my favorite pieces I ever did for the show...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:57 pm 

Yes, I remember that piece. :) I hope we can hear that, and more cues in the near future. Even samples would be amazing. 8-) The musical approach to that score was brilliant. I probably sound like a pest but its one of my all time favourite scores. :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next